Photo

networks disappeared; services disabled; cant reinstall modem; media disconnected

network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 welz

welz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:18 AM

Hi all.. couple days ago my network icon disappeared and device manager components. then avast and online access wouldn't work. many services were disabled .  I  am  still using XP (Yes really).  safe mode with clean boot didn't help and system restore doesn't work anymore.

using another 'modern' computer that  I absolutely hate, I googled problems and made some adjustments. this is what I found:

I changed the permission in registry and device manager came back. pci modem appears to be the problem but as I have xp, I cannot update the driver so no access to internet. files  appear to be intact on computer. media says disconnected. I know  that this happened before with the pci modem but I cannot remember how I fixed it.

computer guy says  I'm screwed. is this the end of this computer or can anyone help  to  get my network  working??

thanks much

EDIT: Please read the Instructions http://www.spywarein...showtopic=79038 and post logs...  Our helpers need details to review in order to help...

Edited by Budfred, 14 October 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#2 welz

welz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:57 AM

I don't have internet access to download... I can run  malware bytes but it has nothing defective showing.

#3 Android 8888

Android 8888

SWI Malware Tracker

• Trusted Advisor*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

Hello welz.
Welcome to SpywareInfo Forum.
I'm Android 8888 and I'll be helping you. Please ask questions if anything is unclear.

If you can please print this topic as it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
Please follow the directions in the order listed.

On a clean machine, please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system which in your case is the 32-Bit version.

Now, please download Security Analysis by Rocket Grannie and save it to the flash drive.

Plug the flash drive into the computer with Windows XP and copy both files (FRST.exe and RGSA.exe) to the Desktop.

Next,

• Double-click on the icon of the FRST tool to run it.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Click on the Scan button.

It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste its content to your next reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste its content to your next reply.

Next,

• Double-click on the icon of the RGSA tool to run it.
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • The tool will produce a log (SALog.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.

Please copy and paste it to your next reply.

Please post the two logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt and Addition.txt), the Security Analysis log (SALog.txt) and note any errors encountered. If any log was cut off, please check to see where it was cut off and post the remainder in an additional reply.

Note: You will need to transfer the two logs onto your stick then use the clean computer to post them back here.

Android 8888

Tavira - Here's where I live!

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Our help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation; Please see This Topic for details.

#4 Android 8888

Android 8888

SWI Malware Tracker

• Trusted Advisor*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:05 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please tell the moderating team by replying here with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else, please begin a New Topic.

Android 8888

Tavira - Here's where I live!

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Our help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation; Please see This Topic for details.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button