• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Carlgrus

Carlgrus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:31 AM

This is very strange.  I have a Microsoft Surface Book, Windows 10, with all updates, everything works fine, except when I boot up, Microsoft Word starts 6 or 7 times, and when I try to exit, a window pops up saying "Changes have been made that affect the global template, Normal.dotm.  Do you want to save those changes?"  And regardless of what I say, Save, Don't Save, or Cancel, I have to keep hitting "X" to get out of word, and get to my Desktop.  Really annoying.  I've run Malwarebyes, CCleaner, Spybot, I have a paid version of Avast, keep running that....and nothing...it keeps happening.  I've gone into Task Manager, and it's not in the Startup routine...Has anyone seen this?  Can you help?  Thank you in advance.   Carl

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,399 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:53 AM

Please go to PC Checkup and Troubleshooting https://www.spywarei...roubleshooting/and post your MBAM log so that our helpers can see what is going on that might be loading Word...  It might also help to run FRST so that there is more detail available since MBAM may not show it... 

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 Carlgrus

Carlgrus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

Thank you...I will do that.  

Member of

Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button
PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!