Access to "AntiRootkit Tools thread"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RayS45

RayS45

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:14 PM

One of the topics at BleepingComputer.com provides a link to "AntiRootkit Tools thread" referenced by Swandog46. When I try to access that thread, I get the message, "You do not have permission to view this forum." Please tell me what I must do to qualify for access to that forum or to just that one thread. I am currently a Malware Removal Team trainee at BleeepingComputer.

That thread was originally posted in 2006. Please tell me whether that thread is still posted.

Thank you,

Ray

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

It is still posted, but it is likely that some of the material is out of date...  Access is limited to people who are advanced Trainees or at higher levels in the forum, so it would be necessary for you to reach that level...  If you are a helper on another forum, there is the option of becoming a Security Colleague, but I would need to check to see if that would allow access...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 RayS45

RayS45

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 04:53 PM

Hi Budfred,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'm sure some of the info in the thread is out of date, but some of it may still be useful.

Although I'm in the final phase of training for MRT at BleepingComputer, I am not fully qualified yet. Yes, please inquire as to whether Security Colleague would allow access.

Thank you,

Ray

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

Only graduates of other schools are allowed to become Security Colleagues, so you can apply for that after you complete your training...  However, that topic is in our archival topics and that means that it is likely to be mostly obsolete... 

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 RayS45

RayS45

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:39 PM

Hi Budfred.

Thank you,

Ray

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button