Anti-malware software

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SyclKittyCat

SyclKittyCat

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:03 AM

Hi guys, most probably my question is super common, though I stuck and I need your help.
I'm selecting a piece of software that would protect my system from malware attacks.
I've looked through similar collections safetydetective.com/blog/best-malware-removal-software and the most recommended are Norton and Comodo, so I select between the two.
Testing them one after another and both seem to be working weel, though didn't run any stress-testing so far, don't want to hazard my data.
So, if anyone has a decent piece of advice on this topic, I'd appreciate to hear your thoughts.

Edited by Budfred, 24 June 2019 - 05:09 PM.
Edited to disable link...

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:15 PM

We are very cautious here about people we don't know posting links since we have a lot of scammers trying to misdirect people visiting here, so I disabled your link...  If someone wishes to take the risk of visiting that site, they can find it with a Google search...  I also moved your question to a more appropriate forum - Malware Removal is for people who actively need help with malware on their computers...

As for your question - both Norton and Comodo are considered to be good antiviruses, along with many others...  Norton tends to be somewhat bloated and can be difficult to remove if you don't want to keep it...  A number of people who have been involved with this forum helped develop MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, so we tend to be fond of that company and they have developed a very good product...  Even Microsoft now offers a decent antivirus as part of their basic programs and at no additional cost... 

If you want more ideas, this topic may help:  https://www.spywarei...he-first-place/

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button