Preventing possible spyware or rat to infect again

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ChildofGod

ChildofGod

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 07:47 AM

Hi! I was told that my computer was hacked and the person who did it shared all my information on social media. They are not willing to tell me where or show me and he also hacked my phone. I reset windows 10 entirely on my computer and reset my android phone to factory settings. How will i be able to avoid this spying in the future as I have quite the target on my back in my hometown from these people? 

Edited by Budfred, 29 June 2020 - 11:08 AM.
EDIT: Moved to more appropriate forum.

#2 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,087 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:11 PM

Hello ChildofGod and welcome to SWI.

Would you kindly elaborate a bit more on this issue? Please start with exactly how were you told that "my computer was hacked".

Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

#3 ChildofGod

ChildofGod

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:34 AM

Someone I was living with at the time told me(collective housing) and said things that no one could know unless not only my browsing history was being watched but also everything i wrote on the computer or phone and the camera being turned on. They didnt want to reveal where it was being shared though, just that it was being shared and i have moved out of there now

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,587 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:52 PM

It sounds like you probably had unprotected WiFi and that allows hackers full access to your computer and, potentially, your phone.  Make sure you only use secure WiFi and it is unlikely that it will happen again.  Also, read this: http://www.spywarein...showtopic=60955

nasdaq can recommend a number of other tutorials on safe computing that will provide good options.  Make sure you have security programs installed as well.

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,087 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:58 AM

Someone I was living with at the time told me(collective housing) and said things that no one could know unless not only my browsing history was being watched but also everything i wrote on the computer or phone and the camera being turned on. They didnt want to reveal where it was being shared though, just that it was being shared and i have moved out of there now

When living in a  communal setting, I can think of a number of scenarios where your data could have been compromised.

Assuming that what you are being told is true, you should be concerned  that your computer may have been compromised unless you have done a totally clean reinstall  of your OS. If  you have, did you also restore a backup of your data? If so, you want to be very careful that you do not restore any program or utility that would recreate the very same attack vectors. I would strongly suggest that you have the computer interrogated to be sure that all is now well.

Please open a new topic here https://www.spywarei...alware-removal/ and carefully read and follow the instructions for posting the logs that will  be required. in order to assist you.

All the best,

Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button