• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LouieShilly

LouieShilly

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 02:08 AM

Hi All

First off I'd like to say thank you for accepting me to this forum, I Have had a delve through & it has some incredibly valuable information, even for a computer novice like me!

So I'm seeking some online advice for my small business, for some context;

I wanted to expand my business & saved up £1000 or so for PPC advertising, anyway all goes well, but then I noticed my budget was gone way quicker than it should of & I didn't see great results (3 new clients for 2 days) so I checked it out with my tech friend who said I might of had a PPC bot rinsing my ads to ruin my budget. I was in shock! So I got a ppcshield software whom im confident should all work well & eliminate the bots, however theres a few questions I didn't ask and it's getting me concerned for my website safety, the question being; Now a bot has managed to make me affiliate to his scam, does that put my business at risk? (Even if I do have a firewall up constantly) Is this bot able or has already accessed all my private files? Do I need a new computer? 

Thank you for the help, I know abit about the tech world, but this has baffled me & im quite worried.

Yours

Louie

Edited by Budfred, 28 June 2021 - 08:30 AM.
To disable link to product. New Members may not post links to unfamiliar programs without gaining trust first.

#2 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 04:59 PM

Hello Louie and welcome to SWI.

You seem to feel that you have mitigated your issues with combating future PPC BOT nets so I will refrain from commenting any further on that issue. Also, please know that I am not a lawyer and therefore I will avoid giving any legal advice, but I will  ask why you would feel your company has any liability by simply being a victim of one or more BOT nets? 

The primary purpose of click BOTS or click farms is to either attack your ad budget or to increase their revenue. I would doubt that any other intrusions were performed. Then again, one can never be sure. Consider having your computer interrogated by opening a topic in our Malware Removal forum. Be sure to fully review the instructions on what will required to get you that help,

Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

#3 Rocket Grannie

Rocket Grannie

SWI Australian Rebel

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,005 posts

Posted 28 June 2021 - 05:00 PM

Hi Louieshilly

Welcome to SWI.

This article explains PPC Bot traffic and how to protect your site from it.

https://www.ipqualit...s-ppc-campaigns

If you would like us to check your computer for malware please go here and follow the Instructions for Posting.

https://www.spywarei...alware-removal/

Rocket Grannie

a13.gif

My help is free however if you wish to make a donation please see Here

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button