Photo

Ever been cracked?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Poll: Have You ever been attacked by any online cracker? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Have You ever been attacked by any online cracker?

1. Yes, he/she kicked my ass. (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. Yes, I defended myself. (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. No, never. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I'm not sure. (5 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

5. I let my software deal with it. (0 votes [0.00%])

6. What are You talking about? (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

7. [ dying HDD, burning CPU, net lost - cannot answer ;-) ] (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Egon_Freeman

Egon_Freeman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 06:20 AM

Have You ever been attacked by a cracker? The thing is they cannot be called 'hackers' if they steal personal information or files from a generic user. At least I cannot give such a man the title of a hacker...

I know my ass was kicked by a female cracker. Lost my HDD and CPU because of that. Either she was very skillfull or very lame at it, to make my hardware fail. Anyways - she was looking for some info about herself, actually. She's the former girlfriend of my former girlfriend. Yes, they're bisexual, but that's not the point. She knew we were looking for her, so she tried to find out what we knew already. Nice, huh? (by 'we' I mean myself and my friend - we're on the same subnet, but he's on a Win98 'workstation' and I'm on the server).

Anyway, I have Windows 2003 Server Enterprise here, all patches installed and all that stuff. I also had a Norton Internet Security 2003 installation back then (two weeks ago, didn't bother to install it now since all my server services are out currently), and she got through, so be careful.

Anyone else attacked? Tell us about it. :-)

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button