• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jakamore

jakamore

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 11:40 PM

Thank you for reading this.. Really!
I got yEaKuKz from ?? Here is what I have done: Tried adaware, spyblaster, S&D microtrend.. All updated.. Tried Hijackthis, got log really small now. no help. here are the files I see that I can't shake. They happen when I connect to the internet, originally, Staff.htm,, but no more. Now I get dos command line followed by iraq.html. This happens when I connect via DSL with or without starting IE. IE starts automatically when iraq.html opens. As a result I get files named x.bat YEA.reg iraq.html ,, maybe more. I have tried deleating these in safe mode. I would be glad to show my current log if someone could please help. Thank you again for reading.

Jack

#2 jakamore

jakamore

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 12:11 AM

Well, I never got any direct help but I did get rid of yEaKuKz !!!

Using the methods of other users, I hacked away at the log file as well as rebooted and deleated the associated files while {in safe mode} . I also did a search for any files that I knew were involved and deleated them in safe mode as well. Then I used evidence eliminator to purge the trash can to really get rid of it. After rebooting and testing for yEaKuKz, I then turned off RESTORE function and rebooted again and then turned restore back on. I then upgraded to service pack 2 and so far all is well. Thanks for all the previous posts, I couldn't have done it without them. Jack ;) Also look in the

http://help.lockergnome.com/index.php forum for valuable posts to this problem, Not a lot of help here, but it all added up. Thanks.

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:02 AM

Glad you got it figured out, jakamore. :)

I'm afraid we don't always get to posted problems very promptly any more. There are just too many coming in every day and the helpers (all are volunteers, with other demands on their time) are stretched thin.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#4 maxiumgrimm

maxiumgrimm

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:40 PM

UGH !!! I hate this Virus/Trogan !! I can't shakes this beast !!! UGH !! can anyone help me with this trojan !! It is starting to slow my computer I can't even bring up my ctrl alt delete to close programs it seems like I have been taken over by this daym virus or trojan or whatever. Anyone can help me I would love ya forever !!

#5 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:08 PM

Please start a New Topic in the Malware Removal forum, maxiumgrimm.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button