jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:49 AM

Link

Anyone used this or any info on it?
I love the 'it's made in Germany' tag. Implication I guess is it's got to be good. Ja, or nein?
I'd try it myself but I'm loaded down with test programs as it is.
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#2 Guest_Joey1_*

Guest_Joey1_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2004 - 03:05 PM

I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to. As long as interface doesn't matter, you should be OK with it. :p

Edited by anti-spyware freak, 05 October 2004 - 03:05 PM.

#3 jedi

jedi

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:45 AM

I decided to download it and have a look anyway, and I'm keeping it, at least for now. I see what you mean though, the graphics are rather sad!!
But it looks like a powerful and efficient anti-virus at first impression, I'm going to play with it a bit more before I make my mind up for good though.

That record-deck thing though....... :huh:
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#4 AntiSpam

AntiSpam

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:53 PM

It's AntiVir Personal Edition...the one everyone is talking about(well,not really everyone).It's good but uses more resources than AVG.Another bad thing is that it generates some traffic too.

Off topic question.
Has anyone used Prevx Home? My friend uninstalled his avast! and ZoneAlarm and left just a Yahoo! Toolbar with Anti-Spy.He now uses Windows Firewall with Prevx Home.Claimed that it rocks.I've just downloaded it today.

Here's the link.
http://www.prevx.com/

#5 Guest_Joey1_*

Guest_Joey1_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2004 - 08:39 AM

The mods at techguy seem to like it...: http://forums.techguy.org/t208517.html
there's a download.com review... http://www.download....2-10314572.html

#6 Schadenfroh

Schadenfroh

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 12:48 PM

I use it (antivir) on my main system, i wrote a review of it, located here.

here is a side by side comparison of it against others, i mainly concentrated on RAM usage.

Edited by Schadenfroh, 09 October 2004 - 01:20 PM.

#7 shame about jane

shame about jane

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:03 PM

It's AntiVir Personal Edition...the one everyone is talking about(well,not really everyone).It's good but uses more resources than AVG.Another bad thing is that it generates some traffic too.

Off topic question.
Has anyone used Prevx Home? My friend uninstalled his avast! and ZoneAlarm and left just a Yahoo! Toolbar with Anti-Spy.He now uses Windows Firewall with Prevx Home.Claimed that it rocks.I've just downloaded it today.

Here's the link.
http://www.prevx.com/

View Post

:D Hi there i have beeen using the AVPE AV program for 2 months now it is excellent regular updates even new program and scan engine updates faultless,so far,my opinion ok!,regular user 5 hrs day.

regards

shame about jane

#8 shame about jane

shame about jane

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:28 PM

Link

Anyone used this or any info on it?
I love the 'it's made in Germany' tag. Implication I guess is it's got to be good. Ja, or nein?
I'd try it myself but I'm loaded down with test programs as it is.

View Post

AVPE has been the only stable and reliable and effective FREE AV out of the other FREE AVs that i have tried on my XP SP2 PC,compared against e.g AVG 6.0.AVAST 4.0,.
Its regulary updated(manually) on your part(very easy)- usually daily,which includes program and engine updates too,its easy to use is pretty quick to do a full scan about 21 minutes on 120,000 files!,so i would recommend this german AV,its free and is recognised in the SP2 security centre and does not get de-activated like some!- just make sure you uninstall any other AVs you have ,regards.

shane about jane :D

#9 jedi

jedi

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 03:15 AM

Thanks people, really useful feedback. After playing around with this program and running it for a while I will be recommending it too.

(Schadenfroh would like to read your review, your links are out of date please post new ones)

Edited by jedi, 19 October 2004 - 03:18 AM.

jedi

#10 Ad Infinitum

Ad Infinitum

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:16 AM

You might want to consider getting AntiVir Peronsal Edition since I have it myself.It really has a large database like what Shame About Jane said.If you using ZoneAlarm,you will notice AntiVir listening to certain ports but still it's better off than using AVG 6.0 or avast! 4 Home Edition.AVG is resource light but has like no trojans in its database and avast! is a resource hog.You will find AntiVir somewhat in the middle.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button