Photo

Bush vs. Kerry

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Who would you vote for? (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would you vote for?

1. Bush (17 votes [44.74%])

Percentage of vote: 44.74%

2. Kerry (21 votes [55.26%])

Percentage of vote: 55.26%

Vote

#1 KinG

KinG

Hmm...It's always raining...

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:08 PM

I've seen this in many, many forums and I thought it would be nice here.

#2 Buntox

Buntox

Lemming #1

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 04:14 PM

what about Ralp Nader??????????

and why is he not being allowed on the ballot in some states??? Is not the USA a democracy??

I'm a Canadian, and this does not seem to make sense to me.

p.s. I'm also puzzled by your voter registration. The way I understand it is, the government does not do the registration, different groups organise and go out to register people. Is this right??
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Bertrand Russell

#3 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:15 PM

Suppose Kerry is elected and he tries to undo everything Bush did. Do you think Iraq is going to be pleased? heh, probably not. If i were american i would vote for Bush to remain in office so he can keep working at building a better Iraq and eliminate all the possible threats which may cause further harm to good people.

#4 Dragonslore

Dragonslore

Advanced Member

• Helper Trainee
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 05:32 PM

p.s. I'm also puzzled by your voter registration. The way I understand it is, the government does not do the registration, different groups organise and go out to register people. Is this right??

View Post

You can register at your local city or town hall.

But the organizations who go out trying to register people do it because not everyone takes the time or even bothers to try and register. So in effect, they are getting more people on the polls than there would otherwise be.

But the downside to this as has been pointed out in a previous post here is that you might find that even though you think you're registered, you may actually not be registered.

The post I'm refering to, there was a group doing voter registrations in the malls and the supervisors would rip up and throw away any democratic registrations.

- Excuse the Writing, I've Got a Dyslexic Keyboard

#5 KinG

KinG

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:34 PM

A different face can change things.

#6 Buntox

Buntox

Lemming #1

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:38 PM

You can register at your local city or town hall.

But the organizations who go out trying to register people do it because not everyone takes the time or even bothers to try and register. So in effect, they are getting more people on the polls than there would otherwise be.

But the downside to this as has been pointed out in a previous post here is that you might find that even though you think you're registered, you may actually not be registered.

The post I'm refering to, there was a group doing voter registrations in the malls and the supervisors would rip up and throw away any democratic registrations.

View Post

It would seem to make more sense for the government to hire people to go out and register people. Thats what they do here in Canada. Elections Canada (a non-partisan government agency that reports directly to parliament) hires enumerators in every area who go from house to house registering voters. And you get a notice in the mail confirming your registration.
Bertrand Russell

#7 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:09 PM

A different face can change things.

View Post

Tru, but will it be for the better or worse?

#8 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 07:12 PM

It can't get much worse, although I am sure Bush will find a way if he is reelected...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#9 Nirvana

Nirvana

In Bloom

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:51 PM

Vote # 1: Bush 25% - Kerry 75%

Recount # 1: Bush 75% - Kerry - 25%

Recount # 2: Bush 2785% - Kerry - Vietnamese schoolgirl ShockHorror revelation!

Result = Oil 1 - People 0

As always............ :hmmm:
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." Pablo Picasso

Please help to keep the forums alive with a small donation

#10 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:53 AM

It can't get much worse, although I am sure Bush will find a way if he is reelected...

View Post

You people seem to forget how Saddam kept the un out of Iraq for years, not letting them check for weapons of mass destruction. It was a threat. How about all of a sudden a nuke goes off in Las Vegas, all from a small terrorist group that became to strong, possibly from Iraq.

I am VERY thankful Bush has somewhat eliminated that threat (because you never know it still could happen) And also for bringing a healthy goverment to Iraq.

#11 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 06:14 AM

I am not American but Bush is a total moron. Id go Kerry.

#12 Trilobite

Trilobite

Malware Hunter

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:36 AM

Yes, Bush has eliminated a few threats…unfortunately he has also eliminated American jobs, a recovering US economy, incentives for companies not to outsource, quite a few lives of American soldiers…four more years of a narrow minded president, I think not.

My dog has the right idea…he pees on bushes :D :p

#13 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 09:32 AM

1.)The recession started the last year of Clinton. 9/11 finished it off.
2.)The economic growth is the strongest in 20 years.
3.)Bush is not a polished speaker, but IS intelligent. (131 IQ)
4.)Kerry is nothing but a tax and spend liberal who has NO accomplishments in 20 years as a Senator. Kerry has acquired no wealth on his own -- he marries his.
5.)We don't need to ask the corrupt U.N. for permission to protect ourselves.
6.) Kerry is no war hero
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight -- it's the size of the fight in the dog."

#14 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:37 PM

I am not American but Bush is a total moron. Id go Kerry.

View Post

Hey Zero, do you know what an armchair quarterback is?

#15 KinG

KinG

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 03:43 PM

Vote # 1: Bush 25% - Kerry 75%

Recount # 1: Bush 75% - Kerry - 25%

Recount # 2: Bush 2785% - Kerry - Vietnamese schoolgirl ShockHorror revelation!

Result = Oil 1 - People 0

As always............ :hmmm:

View Post

HAHA sooo right

#16 Buntox

Buntox

Lemming #1

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:11 PM

You people seem to forget how Saddam kept the un out of Iraq for years, not letting them check for weapons of mass destruction. It was a threat. How about all of a sudden a nuke goes off in Las Vegas, all from a small terrorist group that became to strong, possibly from Iraq.

I am VERY thankful Bush has somewhat eliminated that threat (because you never know it still could happen) And also for bringing a healthy goverment to Iraq.

View Post

I'm still waiting for you guys to find some weapons of mass destruction. This was the reason for going into Iraq, was it not?

By the way, what ever happened to the hunt for Osama and Al Qeada?
Bertrand Russell

#17 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:39 PM

I'm still waiting for you guys to find some weapons of mass destruction. This was the reason for going into Iraq, was it not?

By the way, what ever happened to the hunt for Osama and Al Qeada?

View Post

It pretty much was the reason why they went to war there (besides Saddam was a tyrant too) but that's the gamble anyone takes when going into a situation like this. You see a snake hole and think there may be a snake inside... You check inside it but it's comes up empty. The hunt for Osama is still going on. Just because the mass media hasn't focused thier powerful eyes on it in a while and brought it to you while you're eating your tv dinner doesn't mean they're not still trying hunt him down.

#18 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:46 PM

This is a useless exercise in a forum where it really isn't even appropriate and could readily descend into flaming... Those of you that support Bush will continue to do so no matter what arguments are made to the contrary, those of us that support Kerry will continue to do so no matter what arguments the Bush people make...

I suggest that everyone walk away and let this topic die peacefully... If you want to debate in futility, find any of the thousands of political forums... This whole thing should be decided one way or another a week from today....
Budfred

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#19 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:51 PM

We should be allowed to discuss politics here maturely without any interfearance. Nobody is flaming one another either.

Discussion is good Budfred. You know how like there are presidential debates.

#20 Trilobite

Trilobite

Malware Hunter

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:20 PM

This is a useless exercise in a forum where it really isn't even appropriate and could readily descend into flaming...  Those of you that support Bush will continue to do so no matter what arguments are made to the contrary, those of us that support Kerry will continue to do so no matter what arguments the Bush people make...

I suggest that everyone walk away and let this topic die peacefully... If you want to debate in futility, find any of the thousands of political forums... This whole thing should be decided one way or another a week from today....

View Post

From the forums.spywareinfo.com main page:

Open Forum
This is the off-topic forum where (almost) anything goes.
Forum Led by: Administrators, Global Moderator

#21 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,526 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:41 PM

I was not making an official statement, I was voicing an opinion. And I am aware of the definition of the this Forum... My statement is in that spirit...

It is not a discussion when one side spouts the dogma presented by that side and the other side spouts the opposite dogma. I have very strong opinions on this topic, but I don't see the point in getting into that since the other side will respond with what I consider nonsensical arguments to counter my points while I could then respond with arguments that the other side would consider equally nonsensical. If there was any hope of anyone saying anything that hasn't already been said that could be verified objectively, it might be worthwhile... Even if I could prove empirically that Bush was one of the Four Horsemen, someone else would post equally impressive proof that it is not true...

So again, I urge you all to let this topic die a peaceful death as it deserves...
Budfred

#22 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2004 - 05:44 AM

Ok, you opinion is duely noted.

Next!

So who of you voted for Bush into office? Are you going to support him again?

#23 Avohir

Avohir

Computer Exorcist

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:54 PM

i think this pretty much sums it up....
Posted Image

kerry is the lesser of two evils, but not by much
To err is human, to really foul up requires a computer
Donate to keep the site alive

Posted Image

#24 Trilobite

Trilobite

Malware Hunter

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:38 PM

http://217.160.163.211/globalvote2004/

Amongst non-Americans, Kerry is favored 77.1% as opposed to Bush at 09% :) :D :lol:

#25 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:43 PM

i think this pretty much sums it up....

http://img.photobuck...versus-bush.jpg

kerry is the lesser of two evils, but not by much

View Post

lol, that's great. I had a good laugh when i saw it thanks. However i feel that Kerry is just playing up to all the people who dislike the war and it will probably lead him straight into the white house : /

#26 QTonya

QTonya

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:41 AM

I'm new here, but I'd like to take this post and swear my support for candidate Budfred. :wub:

#27 bowwow

bowwow

Remove the fly, I mean spy!

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:59 AM

Thanks King for starting such a topic,I was thinking of starting such kind of a thing but you did that first...... :p

Well, I do not supprot Kerry nor Bush,how about Nader but dont know if he turns out to be the biggest sucker of these three.

The funny part of these elections is: Both the main candidates accuse each other more on giving sexual liberties rahter presenting liable reasons about economy and the wars.

1.Quote: Kerry"Pres.Bush's vice Mr.Cheneys daughter is a lesbian!!"
2.People in some states claim to receive blank calls that accuse Kerry of supporting Gay marriages"
LOL :p .

Now thats called VULGARITY :blush2: !!!

And someone please veil :ninja: Kerry's face,man that guy is horrible.I begin to like Bush's face after I saw Kerry as his opponent.

To be Serious,I expect Bush to gain another 4 years in office(unless Usama carries out something on him),because Bush is already learning from his mistakes whereas, Kerry is going to start new problems along side those already there.

#28 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:27 PM

Do I know of an armchair quarterback? No.
Do I care? No.
Do I want bush to win? No.
Does anyone really care? No.

http://www.creators..../LK/LK0929g.gif <--- Well put.

Bush is inflicting fear into everyone in hopes of scaring people to vote for him.

This will cause a lot of debate im sure, but who is he to tell people who they can marry? Whats it to him? To me, him out-lawing gay marriage is discrimination.

#29 Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing

Donut Patron

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:46 PM

I hate all the candidates. But I'll vote for Kerry just because we'll give another face a chance to screw things up. :)
Rights are never important until you don't have them.

#30 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2004 - 11:56 PM

This will cause a lot of debate im sure, but who is he to tell people who they can marry? Whats it to him? To me, him out-lawing gay marriage is discrimination.

View Post

Well from what i know, all American coins have written on them "In God we trust". And gay marrige kinda goes against what the tradtional viewpoint has always been. I don't know, maybe it's just me but it takes a sperm and an egg to create another human and nature doesn't allow for any exceptions to that rule.

#31 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 06:51 AM

What about all those non-catholics who could care less what the bible is or says or what a character who we do not know really exists.

If someone loves somenoe else regardless of sex, in my opinion, people should stay the hell out of their lives and let them live in peace... Peace, yea thats something Bush knows a lot about.

#32 paperghost

paperghost

• Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 08:22 AM

Posted Image

#33 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2004 - 09:00 AM

We can say the same things then about alot of subjects Zero.

If a man loves his horse, who are we to disagree that he should or should not marry it?

#34 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 09:38 AM

Fact is, you should not be allowed to have ANY say in who can marry who.

My basic words to those telling people who they can/cant marry

"Shut up and leave them the **** alone"

#35 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:11 AM

Why is that fact? Because it makes sense to you?

It makes sense to me that a good family has a mother and a father.

After all, it takes an egg and a sperm...

What's next? Legal pedophelia because they were "In Love?"

#36 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 10:47 AM

It's all over now. Another 4 years...
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button