• 161 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 01:41 PM

Looks like I'll be moving to Canada.

#2 quack

quack

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:30 PM

nice thing about a democracy . . . U can!

#3 Buntox

Buntox

Lemming #1

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 11:49 PM

stay and help fix your country. Don't run away!!! Because the next thing you'll know is Canada will be part of the USA
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
Bertrand Russell

#4 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 10:05 AM

If Canada becomes part of the USA I will kill myself.

#5 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2004 - 10:44 AM

Too bad, Bush was voted back in legitimately by his own country. 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency and he recieved 274. And i would prefer that those of you who do not trust the leadership that was chosen to stay out of my country if you don't like it there because we don't need the mutinous types working their mouths up here now aswell.

#6 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:00 AM

Its a little thing called Freedom of Speech, or, it was free....

#7 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:03 AM

Yes and the people have spoken. Bush was elected.

#8 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 11:09 AM

The election was somewhat close, but not as close as some are making it out to be. The final numbers have Bush with close to a 5 million popular vote margin, 286 Electoral votes to 252 (kerry) and the margin 52% - 47%.
The election wasn't nearly as close or derisive as the 2000 election. Both sides monitored for fraud and the system worked! If you are unhappy with the outcome, stay and fight for your opinions - that's how a democracy works.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight -- it's the size of the fight in the dog."

#9 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:14 AM

So......... How about that hockey lockout eh?

#10 Buntox

Buntox

Lemming #1

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:19 PM

So......... How about that hockey lockout eh?

View Post

All is not well in Canada.
Bertrand Russell

#11 Guest_Ghost_*

Guest_Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:42 PM

There are just as many American hands in the game aswell as Canadians. When you're making 2 or 3 million a year, is a small pay cut really going to break your budget? Eventually a deal is going to be made, so what's the hold up? Do they even care about the fans?

#12 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:00 PM

Bush I the best we had this election! Kerry was a liar!
Come Visit my channel for new videos from me
Funny Videos From cowsgonemadd3
Prayer Changes!
-Austin Z

#13 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:46 PM

Kerry was a liar!?

If you're stating Kerry is a liar and Bush is not, I think you have more research to do.

#14 Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing

Donut Patron

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:48 PM

Lol. Is there such a thing as a truthful politician? :D
And really, these things aren't as simple as they seem and cannot be summarized in two sentences.

Edited by Archon_Wing, 09 November 2004 - 03:52 PM.

Rights are never important until you don't have them.

#15 Gwyrox732

Gwyrox732

Gwy|is|here

• Helper
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:59 PM

This election was really about the lesser of two evils. I hate Bush as much as the next guy, but Kerry just wasn't the answer.
Quote from Original CWS Article at SWI: "There could be other domains involved in the future." ... We've come a long way since then

Malware esan mala, ji mi disaman. SWI ji kikan ekster!

PM me if you know what that says. Whoever gets it right gets put here!
Bagman wins, good job!

#16 Buntox

Buntox

Lemming #1

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 07:40 PM

There are just as many American hands in the game aswell as Canadians. When you're making 2 or 3 million a year, is a small pay cut really going to break your budget? Eventually a deal is going to be made, so what's the hold up? Do they even care about the fans?

View Post

I think a pay cut would be great as long as the price of tickets come down too! What's the average ticket price now like, 80 bucks?
Bertrand Russell

#17 ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert

Typical User

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 12:13 PM

I sincerely hope Bush doesn't push the wrong button.
ErikAlbert
Simplicity is always brilliant.

#18 out4_u

out4_u

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 08:15 PM

of all of you that are complaining about Bush being back--- did you vote? Do you have the right to say anything? If you didnt vote -- you don't. And you hate Bush? At least he sticks to his words -- if he tells ya he's gonna do it --- he's gonna back his words up. He doesn't back down because "that is what the p/r says will be better".

#19 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:39 PM

Cant vote but what he does effects the world so yes - I can complain. If you have ever heard of freedom of speech you will understand. He does not stick to his word. Remember waaay back when this all happened, he said his last possible choice would be war, he did not want war and he would do everything he could before resorting to war....

Yea that went well.

And when I say he, im referring to the president, Dick Cheney.

#20 GruffyBear

GruffyBear

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:53 PM

In reference to the election, I too am not happy with the results.

Yet; what really scares me is covered in the new book: "The Hammer", the story of Tom Delay, the Republican leader in the House of Representatives. This guy is running the US Congress the same way Tony Soprano runs New Jersey. Actually, he makes Tony seem rather unimaginative.

Several years ago, Dem. Sen. Paul Tsongas, and Rep. Sen. Warren Rudman saw some real problems brewing. They started the "Concord Coalition" to try to get some sanity into campaign finance; they got McCain-Fiengold which only addressed some of the problems.

According to the book, especially since 2001, it looks like political contributions, especially from Corporations and Industry Groups, are different from extortion in name only. In fact, the real extortion is being perpetrated against the Congress itself; surprisingly often against Republicans. This is way, way, beyond what occurred previously in American government.

There seems to be right now some tricky campaign violations under investigation in Texas.

This week, DeLay pushed through a measure in the House, that if he happens to be indicted in Texas, he can still keep his leadership job.

If Republican Congressmen had not voted for the measure; they would face new, well financed primary opposition in their next race while at the same time their own contributions would mysteriously dry up.

No matter what side of the aisle you're on - read the book. This is not good for anyone in America.

#21 helperatwork

helperatwork

The SWI Penguin!

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 09:54 AM

of all of you that are complaining about Bush being back--- did you vote? Do you have the right to say anything? If you didnt vote -- you don't. And you hate Bush? At least he sticks to his words -- if he tells ya he's gonna do it --- he's gonna back his words up. He doesn't back down because "that is what the p/r says will be better".

View Post

Does Bush really stick to his words? Like, he said he will destroy Afghanistan and Iraq, he did. The background that was presented for these wars has not been proved yet as; Usama Bin Laden not found, but thousands of Afghani's martyred. Weapons of mass destruction not found in Iraq, but a thousand of Iraqi's martyred and being killed to this day.
Bush said he will find Usama and WoMD, but nothing done yet.

What about the Middle East Issue, at one place he said he would work for peace in Palestinian state and stop bloodshed and gunfire and also work for their freedom. The very next day, and I mean the very next day, America donated some 2 billion dollars worth of Ammunition to Israel.
Is that guy really keeping up to his words? I dont think so. He has not caused problems to his country only(But I now believe that America is out of trouble now and the alerts are fake just to get the attention), but to a lot of other countries as well. Like anyone supporting America dies, but America lives on with no problems....
And probably because the policies of this government are too bad to be acceptable, the leading senators resigned recently.

Edited by helperatwork, 20 November 2004 - 09:55 AM.

Please help keep the forums free ===> More info Here

The wisest mind has something yet to learn

#22 wreck

wreck

Always Learning!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 11:36 AM

First of all, the war with Iraq did not start a year and a half ago. It started in 1990 when Iraq invaded Kuwait with full support of the UN and the world. We did not invade Baghdad as the UN imposed sanctions against Iraq and required them do dismantle all WMD's. Iraq thumbed their nose at these sanctions for 13 years with no retaliation. In fact, Iraq colluded with France, the USSR, Germany, and China to fraudulently dupe the world out of Billions of dollars in the now exposed "Oil for Food" debacle. That is why these afore mentioned countries opposed the re-invasion of Iraq. Prior to the re-invasion (for 13 years) there was no argument that Iraq had these WMD's and were in the process of attaining more. All of the leading Democrats agreed this was the case as well (they were in office at the time.) The WMD's were moved before the re-invasion with the help of the USSR and Syria. The U.S. is the only super power in the world to have the inclination to enforce existing sanctions, protect Israel from annihilation, AND protect ourselves. The world changed on 9/11. Thank God we have not been attacked again. Bush has done exactly what he said he would do. I would rather we fight the war on terror over there than on our own shores. That is why Bush was re-elected. By the way, Kerry said he would have done the same thing. What's the argument?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight -- it's the size of the fight in the dog."

#23 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 11:59 AM

I think this has gone on long enough. Closing it. Let's move on.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button