Photo

Just got the Pandas AV Platinum, any comments??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Island Boy

Island Boy

Hail to the Redskins

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:01 AM

I just downloaded the free trial of Panda AV just curious if any of yall had any experience with it??? :D

#2 Mikerinos

Mikerinos

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 08:10 AM

I just downloaded the free trial of Panda AV just curious if any of yall had any experience with it??? :D

View Post

I just got rid of it. The trial promo version got my bp way high. With this version you dont get a user ID nor a password that THEY request to get the upgrades, so you dont get them. And it constantly reminds you that you're less and less protected because the updates are not done.

Getting in touch with CS is not easy, plus in a rare reply they allow themselves to have an attitude.

That's my personal experience with Panda, good luck to you.

#3 ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert

Typical User

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 09:51 PM

Especially the "attitude" bothers me. As a company you cann't afford an "attitude". I wonder even how this can be possible.
The company, I'm working for, checks every outgoing mail to avoid this.
ErikAlbert
Simplicity is always brilliant.

#4 Tuxedo Jack

Tuxedo Jack

Creator of TuxPE, a Cat5-o'-9-Tails, Etherkillers, and more

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:44 PM

I used Panda 6 and Panda 7 Platinum at my office for a year and a half, and the autoprotect completely screwed machines over. It literally took Word a minute to open, Excel longer, and every time a client opened Outlook, the damn thing went into a recursive loop when they couldn't log in.

We switched to Symantec Corporate, and things have been a lot better.
Signature file is under revision. This will be back shortly.

#5 moocow_v

moocow_v

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 01:41 PM

Synmatic is good but not the best either, when i had norton system wrosk i had 8 un detected viruses on my computer, when it says its updated...it dosnt always update, it said i was protected from 2 of the 8 viruses detected by mcafee but norton could no find one..i also recently heard that the new 2004/2005 nortons and put viruses on your machine

#6 TopperID

TopperID

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:33 AM

I'm not sure there is a significant difference in detection rates between Panda Platinum and Norton. If you like comparisons have a look at these test results:- http://www.virus.gr/...sp?id=67&mnu=67

Different tests yield different results, but I believe Panda Platinum holds up well.

There are other factors such as product reliability and customer services, and in these areas Symantec perform very poorly indeed. The propensity of 'Live Update' to fail through no fault of the user is entirely unacceptable. As is the grotesquely bad technical support, which leaves users in the lurch when things go wrong (as they often do!).

Other test results can be found here:- http://www.av-comparatives.org/

#7 Island Boy

Island Boy

Hail to the Redskins

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 07:16 PM

Thanks alot for all of your responses!!!

Edited by portis2000yrds, 17 December 2004 - 07:16 PM.

#8 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 06:12 AM

Yeah Panda is pretty good in terms of detection rates.

A bit too heavy for older systems though
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button