Photo

Having avpe and avg? possible? if so how?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shame about jane

shame about jane

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:24 PM

:D Hi,
bit of advice appreciated on running an anti-virus program with a resident shield e.g AVPE which i have-and having AVG 7.0 as a standby to use?,if i disable the resident shield on the AVPE can i install the FREE AVG 7.0 program which i have downloaded?,i basically just want to try AVG out for myself and see if it picks up anything that AVPE might have missed,or do i have to un-install AVPE and then insatll AVG?,which i do not really want to do,a way round it would be helpful if anyone can advise on it.
I do know it is strongly advised NOT to run or have 2 AVs running at the same time as there is likely to be conflicts.

Regards

Shame About Jane :rolleyes: Attached File  animated_elephant_1.gif   6.93KB   25 downloads

#2 Paranoid

Paranoid

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:37 AM

:D Hi,
bit of advice appreciated on running an anti-virus program with a resident shield e.g AVPE which i have-and having AVG 7.0 as a standby to use?,if i disable the resident shield on the AVPE can i install the FREE AVG 7.0 program which i have downloaded?,i basically just want to try AVG out for myself and see if it picks up anything that AVPE might have missed,or do i have to un-install AVPE and then insatll AVG?,which i do not really want to do,a way round it would be helpful if anyone can advise on it.
I do know it is strongly advised NOT to run or have 2 AVs running at the same time as there is likely to be conflicts.

Regards

Shame About Jane :rolleyes: Attached File  animated_elephant_1.gif   6.93KB   25 downloads

View Post

You can. As long as the resident shield of one is not running. Heck you can even trial AVAST at the same time, but the resident shield of AVAST is a bit more tricky to shutdown completely.
Please note that the software I recommend above is entirely based on only my own experience and testing. In no way should my comments,opinions and endorsements be construed as an endorsement by the forum, nor do they reflect the advise or recommendations by the experts or helpers at spywareinfo.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button