Panda Active Scan (Standalone A/V)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sun

sun

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:50 PM

I just wondered if anyone who believes that their computer is clean and secure has used Panda Active Scan the Standalone A/V since it has added a new feature of scanning for Spys???

I have my regular A/V and then all my other Security programs which I update and use regularly ....adaware se personal Free, Spybot, a2, Spywareblaster definitions uptodate, Spysweeper, Trojan Hunter and occasionally TDS3.

And I also use intermittently instead of Panda Active Scan, Trend Micros House Call; again just to reassure myself that my computer is secure.

I just did a recent scan and came up with 2 spy infections and there is NO disinfect feature Nor is there any removal suggestions.

Looked for what I considered Scant details of files and their Location and came up with Nothing.
Checked the registry, used REG Supreme to clean up scraps, couldn't find anything.

So I thought I would post and see if any of the Moderators or Members that consider their computers clean have used this Program with this new Feature and if it shows any "Spy Infection".

I look forward to comments.

Thankyou,

#2 bpm3k

bpm3k

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 February 2005 - 02:39 AM

I have used it and it came up all clear. All clear with Microsoft AS. And all clear with AdAware.

BUT spybot is flagging 1 registry key for Amitis and 2 temporary files for Download Accelerator Plus.

The attached image shows the results of the spybot scan. I am wondering if they are false positives. I have spywareblaster installed so maybe that is what amitis is.

Attached Files

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button