No replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 01:47 AM

FINALLY, the long awaited, long rumored, almost mythical (by this point) server move is to happen today. The new server that is to hold this forum is online and ready for business.

Sometime today (Saturday), I will have to shut down this forum to back up the database and files and upload it to the new server. The database alone is just under 1 gigabyte in size, so it will take quite a bit of time just to transfer everything. God willing, everything will go smoothly and the transfer will work the first time.

While all of this is going on, I will replace this forum with a page that lists all ASAP member message boards. The list will be ordered randomly (thanks to Zero), so hopefully no one forum will be overrun with spyware-infected victims who otherwise would have posted here.

Anyone who has this message board in their HOSTS file for some reason will need to delete the entry, or replace it (after the move has started) with the IP address 216.180.238.212.

Keep an eye on the page http://www.spywareinfo.com/servermove. This page will have the most up-to-date information about the server move. When that page says the board has been moved and is reopened, it should work fine for you.

If it does not, the most likely culprit is an old DNS entry. For those of you on Windows, open a CMD or MSDOS window and type ipconfig /flushdns to clear out your DNS cache. That should solve the problem for most people. You may have to do this up to three times and possibly reboot before it works.

If the above does not fix your problem, then your ISP has decided to ignore proper DNS procesure. Give it some time, keep trying the solution above and eventually you will see the forum again. You can also add the following IP address to your HOSTS file for the domain www.spywareinfoforum.com: 216.180.238.212. You do not need to update your entry for spywareinfo.com or www.spywareinfo.com.

Unlike the last time I had to move this message board, this time the entire database will be transferred. No one will have to reregister. All posts and all user information will be transferred to the new server.

This message board has an unusually large database and is busier than most other message boards. In the unlikely event that something goes wrong, I will keep hammering at the problem until this board is transferred successfully. In the event of a catastrophic failure at the new location, I will reopen the board at the old (current) location to ensure that no data is lost and will try again at the new location later.

Thank you for bearing with me while the move is in progress. :techsupport:
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button