List of Spyware/Malware Sources

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Computerworks

Computerworks

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:29 PM

This is a question I am asked by many clients...

Has anyone seen a list of known websites that deliver Spyware/Malware?

There are many reg lists of target sites for blocking purposes, but I have not seen a compilation of web sites that are known to deliver the malware.

Any help?

Thanks

#2 Moore

Moore

¤ §LÁYER ¤

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:39 PM

This is a question I am asked by many clients...

There are many reg lists of target sites for blocking purposes, but I have not seen a compilation of web sites that are known to deliver the malware.

Any help?

Thanks

View Post

Hi , the best site to find hijack links [ for spyware hunting purposes ? :techsupport: ] would probably have to be the Webhelpers site.

http://www.webhelper4u.com/index.html

The hijack log forum sections are usually a good place to find the current hijack sites too. :evilgrin:

#3 geohac

geohac

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:08 PM

Here is a list:

EDIT: Link disabled... Just happens to be your website and that means it looks like SPAM... If you wish to be considered legit, ask before posting links to your site...

Edited by geohac, 11 August 2010 - 05:48 PM.

"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,499 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:30 PM

When your first post to a website is a link to your personal site advertising that site in a topic that is 5 years old, it is SPAM... When you are posting that link in a number of other websites, it is even more likely to be SPAM... If you wish to post about your website, you need to clear it with forum leadership first... Of course, if it is your intention to post once and then never return, that is difficult to do... If you do actually know about security issues, you know that sites like this one are subjected to a barrage of SPAM, much of which is designed to infect user's PCs when they visit the site in question... We are careful to protect our Members from that type of assault...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 geohac

geohac

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:37 PM

That is true, but if it's related to what's being discussed, why does it matter? :???: I provided him a list of known websites that deliver Malware, which is exactly what he asked for. May I post the link?

Edited by geohac, 11 August 2010 - 05:44 PM.

#6 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,499 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:03 PM

It matters because of the way you chose to approach it, the fact that you are posting a link to your personal website in a number of locations and the fact that the original poster has probably not been around for years... Add to that the likelihood that you went looking for a topic that vaguely related to your site to post your link and it looks increasingly like you are a SPAMmer... If your site is a good one, I suggest you wait for people to visit and comment on it to others rather than going around looking to promote yourself... More than a few decent sites have been forever tarnished with a negative reputation for doing exactly what you have done...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#7 geohac

geohac

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:37 PM

I understand. Thanks for the advice. It will not happen again.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button