spy1

SWI Junkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:45 AM

(Read the rest of the article, here: )

http://www.freerepub...s/1443589/posts

"Thursday, July 14, 2005

Pro-gun Senator David Vitter (R-LA) is getting ready to introduce a bill that would block the United Nations from implementing gun control measures affecting U.S. citizens.

Entitled the "UN Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005," the bill does still not have a number, as Sen. Vitter is trying to get original cosponsors to join him.

Gun owners across America are increasingly victorious in legislative and elective battles at the local, state and national levels. Nevertheless, anti-gun internationalists, long burrowed in the UN headquarters, are planning, with some success, massive international gun control measures. "

If you have the time, please drop your Senators a FAX or an email (or call them) about this urge them to co-sponsor the bill.

It is very, very disturbing that the U.N. continually tries to exert its' influence on the sovereign rights of United States citizens.

I've gotta question why we even allow the United Nations to be headquartered here (you might want to ask them about that too, while you're at it) - since all they're working for is a "one-government" (theirs) world.

Contact info:

http://www.theorator.com/senate.html

#2 jakestar

jakestar

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 02:01 PM

now all those us guns a gettin smuggled to canada

i live in toronto and in my neighbourhood alone shootings are becoming alot more frequent

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:45 PM

..anti-gun internationalists, long burrowed in the UN headquarters, are planning, with some success, massive international gun control measures.

I'm in favor of that, myself. I believe the majority of US citizens are in favor of stronger gun control.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#4 jakestar

jakestar

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

yeah but with bush in power i dont see that happening

#5 SirPeter

SirPeter

Hugging kitties

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 12:27 PM

It is very, very disturbing that the U.N. continually tries to exert its' influence on the sovereign rights of United States citizens.

lol that made me laugh :p
Cute kitties rule the world

#6 Mike

Mike

Dark Lord of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:51 PM

I'd oppose anything from the UN that attempts to impose laws on US citizens. I want no part of a government where countries like China, N Korea, Cuba, Syria and Iran have a vote and I *personally* don't.

Imagine if suddenly it became a crime worldwide for women to drive. http://www.mikeheala...m/2005/06/05/47
SpywareInfo: How are you gentlemen?? All your base are belong to us!!
Spyware: What you say!!
SpywareInfo: You have no chance to survive. Make your time!

#7 macaroo

macaroo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 04:49 AM

A well armed citizenry is the safe guard of Democracy....Ben Franklin

#8 spy1

spy1

SWI Junkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 August 2005 - 09:31 AM

Sen. Vitter's bill ( S.1488 - http://thomas.loc.go.../temp/~bddJnj:: ) now has 10 co-sponsors.

As this bill will prevent the U.N. from meddling in, or by-passing the Constitution of the United States to our detriment, I believe it to be very worthy of our support.

Other countries have no right whatsoever to dictate policy to the United States government - period.

So here's the contact info for your Reps:

http://www.theorator...ment/house.html

http://www.theorator.com/senate.html

Please contact them by phone, FAX or email and let them know that you support S.1488 (The Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005) - and that you expect them to, too!.

Getting this bill passed will create good precedent for any further attempted incursions into American sovereignty. Pete

* This is the short letter I composed and am FAX'ing to my Reps - use it if you like:

Please SUPPORT S.1488 - The Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005!

Dear Sir,

I'm writing you today to let you know that I fully am in favor of passage of S.1488 The

Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005.

Foreign countries represented by the U.N. have absolutley no business dictating policy to

the United States -

especially when such policies would abrogate or side-step our Constitutionally-guaranteed rights!

Please help get this bill passed! Thank you.

(Signed)

#9 SirPeter

SirPeter

Hugging kitties

• PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 10:56 AM

Then what right does the US give them to meddle with other countries?

The US is doeing the same thing to other countries. Maybe you now see why other countries in the world find the US a little arogant. (not ment as a flame!)
Cute kitties rule the world

#10 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 09:26 AM

I live in the U.K, where personal ownership of any kind of handgun, semi-automatic or automatic weapon is banned, and the posession of any kind of firearm is massively restricted. Guess what? I'm virtually guaranteed not to get shot when I walk out my front door (apart from by mistake by my own Police force, but, hey ho, **** happens!)
I'm very happy about that. When I go out on a Saturday night and see the knuckle-dragging drunken lowlife about, I thank God for our gun laws, those morons would quite happily shoot people if they could get guns, but mostly they can't. And I can fight back against fists, run away from a knife or a baseball bat.
The lowlife in this country is no better or worse than in the U.S, or anywhere else in the world, the difference is, they can't kill me from a distance, or with the twitch of a finger. I know America has a different cultural history, but there's a world of difference, surely, between a hunting rifle or a shotgun and a handgun or a machine pistol, those things are designed for one purpose, to kill people, and that is what they do.
Look at the stats on gun crime in the U.S. and the U.K. if you don't believe me. Guns do not make you safer.
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#11 spy1

spy1

SWI Junkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 01:08 PM

I  live in the U.K, where personal ownership of any kind of handgun, semi-automatic or automatic weapon is banned,

Which leads me to wonder why you're posting - this isn't an issue that concerns you. It's very indicative of the reality of the threat I posted about, though - foreigners will invariably stick their noses into our business - and attempt to impose outside controls on us in the U.S. - if given even the appearance of the chance to do so.

I know America has a different cultural history, but there's a world of difference, surely, between a hunting rifle or a shotgun and a handgun or a machine pistol, those things are designed for one purpose, to kill people, and that is what they do.

I'm not going to delve into your apparent total ignorance of American hand-gun competitive shooting sports and how big those are here in the States, nor try to enlighten you on the difference between a "machine-pistol" and a semi-automatic handgun - I'm sure you'd blow off the difference and the fact that "machine-pistols" (fully-automatic) are extremely highly regulated here - they're just about non-existent, actually. That goes to your own un-familiarity with the subject you're attempting to spout off about. (I'm equally sure that you haven't a clue as to how many kinds of rifles were classified as "assault weapons" and banned - although that ban has been lifted for better than ten months now and the incidence of crime committed with such weapons has not increased).

Look at the stats on gun crime in the U.S. and the U.K. if you don't believe me. Guns do not make you safer.

View Post

How ignorant. There is absolutley no way to compare figures from a country that doesn't allow gun ownership and one that does when you're talking about gun crime rates - it makes no sense whatsoever.

And I beg to differ with you regarding your statement that "Guns do not make you safer". I could relate two particular incidences just in my own life where having a gun made all the difference (one was an attempted home invasion, the other an attempted car-jacking) since there WAS no "flight" alternative - further proof can be found every single month here: http://www.nrapublic...tizen/index.asp and it would do you well to remember that there are literally thousands of incidents that are never reported anywhere - where the mere presence of a gun-at-hand totally prevented anything from happening without a shot being fired.

There are guns in the U.S. - always have been, always will be. Allowing any person or country to keep them OUT of the hands of our legitimate, law-abiding citizens can only empower the crooks more.

No thanks. Pete

#12 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 06:51 AM

Thanks for your reply Pete,

I don't believe my post was in any way offensive, so thank you for feeling it was O.K. to be offensive in reply.

Which leads me to wonder why you're posting - this isn't an issue that concerns you. It's very indicative of the reality of the threat I posted about, though - foreigners will invariably stick their noses into our business - and attempt to impose outside controls on us in the U.S. - if given even the appearance of the chance to do so.

This is an issue that concerns me very much, I have close friends in Detroit who I visit regularly, this issue concerns them, concerns me when I am there, and I am also concerned for them.
I am not trying to stick my nose in anyone's business, I didn't realise one had to be a U.S. citizen to pass an opinion. Incidently, the U.N. and the E.U. often try to impose policy on the U.K. government, and the U.K. government is hell-bent on restricting the civil liberties of law-abiding citizens in this country, so I have a great deal of sympathy for some of your positions.
I apologise for my ignorance about current trends in weapons, I am quite happy to remain ignorant, having served in the British army, both in the Falklands and in Northern Ireland, I have seen enough first-hand of the results of small-arms fire to last me a life-time, and have no wish to re-new my aquaintance with them.

There is absolutley no way to compare figures from a country that doesn't allow gun ownership and one that does when you're talking about gun crime rates - it makes no sense whatsoever.

My point exactly, no guns, no gun crime. However, I was not suggesting the U.S. could adopt the U.K. position, merely stating a position. You seem like a intelligent guy, so if you want to post your opinion you could be prepared to discuss it without resorting to insults.
Incidentally, most of my friends and aquaintances in the U.S. hold views that are diametrically opposed to your own on gun control, so if any changes do come about they are far more likely to be prompted by internal, rather than external, pressures, plus the U.S. holds a veto in the U.N. Security Council, and the U.N. is virtually toothless anyway.
http://www.handgunfree.org/HFAMain/
http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/gun.htm
http://www.vpc.org/f...sht/hgbanfs.htm
http://archives.cnn..../kids.firearms/
and so on.

Edited by jedi, 01 September 2005 - 09:00 AM.

jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button