• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 JPWelch

JPWelch

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 August 2005 - 05:03 PM

Hi.
Still very new at this. My computer started out not being able to access google, now it has spread to many websites. I can not reach AOL, Microsoft support, many newspaper sites, and parts of mapquest. I've been faithful with Adware and Norton scans. They show no problems. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue would be appreciated.

Edited by JPWelch, 16 August 2005 - 05:04 PM.

#2 ken999

ken999

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:13 AM

Your Hosts file could possibly be altered.

it's usually in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Hi.
    Still very new at this.  My computer started out not being able to access google, now it has spread to many websites.  I can not reach AOL, Microsoft support, many newspaper sites, and parts of mapquest.  I've been faithful with Adware and Norton scans.  They show no problems. Any ideas on how to remedy this issue would be appreciated.

View Post

#3 JPWelch

JPWelch

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Ken999. I'm not sure what a host file is, or how to know if its been altered. Any links to help with that would be appreciated. As a follow up on this problem. It seems when I try to use firefox, the error message I get tells me that the connection was refused, without giving any further info. Does my computer have something on it's outgoing requests that is causing it to be refused? I can't seem to get firefox to work properly either. Please help if you can. Thanks.

Edited by JPWelch, 17 August 2005 - 11:04 AM.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button