• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 McVain

McVain

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:45 AM

I am running windows XP.

About a week ago my Norton Anitvirus (came with the CPU) stopped working. Everytime it tried to update the definitions it would tell me they were corrupt and then Norton wouldn't work because it had NO valid definitions. Well, i'm currently very tight on money so I said screw it, i'll wait until the end of the month and but Trend Micro's virus protection. Until then I had planned on scaning my PC twice a week with Trend Micro's online house call virus scan thing. I used it once wit no problem and it found nothing. 2 days later I tried to use it again and it told me that a file was corrupt. So I tried using the online Panda Scan virus thing and it worked fine. No viruses found. 2 days later I try Trend Micro it still doesn't work so I tried Panda again and now it keeps encountering an error when it tried to download. Now i'm thinking that there are big problems and yesterday morning I noticed a decrease in my connection speed (which could be my unrealible ISP).

What can I do?

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:44 PM

I am running windows XP.

About a week ago my Norton Anitvirus (came with the CPU) stopped working. Everytime it tried to update the definitions it would tell me they were corrupt and then Norton wouldn't work because it had NO valid definitions. Well, i'm currently very tight on money so I said screw it, i'll wait until the end of the month and but Trend Micro's virus protection. Until then I had planned on scaning my PC twice a week with Trend Micro's online house call virus scan thing. I used it once wit no problem and it found nothing. 2 days later I tried to use it again and it told me that a file was corrupt. So I tried using the online Panda Scan virus thing and it worked fine. No viruses found. 2 days later I try Trend Micro it still doesn't work so I tried Panda again and now it keeps encountering an error when it tried to download. Now i'm thinking that there are big problems and yesterday morning I noticed a decrease in my connection speed (which could be my unrealible ISP).

What can I do?

View Post

Hi if you download Avast Antivirus, CCleaner,Lavasoft Ad-Aware, or Spyware these are all free and do a go job,then make sure that all your updates are installed, also Microsoft Antispyware, once these have run, you will or should find that your computer runs faster.
I build computers,install windows XP Home Edition all updates and SP2 added,windows firewall backed up by Avast Antivirus Pro, Microsoft AniSpyware, Yahoo AntiSpyware, Ad-Awaware SE Plus, Ad-Watch SE Plus, CCleaner, Windows Registry Repair Pro, and WinPatrol 9.7 Beta. These all work together well keeping this computer and any other computers I build or look after free from crashes, and the dreaded blue screen. but need to learn more about malware and viruses.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button