pc wont boot after using restore cd

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 misterx

misterx

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:59 PM

Hi this is my first time here I have my friends pc a emachines t1742 running windows XP home and I used the retore cd's to do a system restore. I put in the first cd and symantec ghost came up and then it said to put in the next media cd and I did. It went all the way through then said to press any key to start. Then it came up with a blue screen and it said please wait while windows starts up then it went to a black screen and nothing happened. Does anyone know what happened. Does emachines restore disks use norton ghost to restore? Don't know where to start. Please HELP!! Thanks Tim

Edited by misterx, 17 August 2005 - 01:59 PM.

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:01 PM

Hi this is my first time here I have my friends pc a emachines t1742 running windows XP home and I used the retore cd's to do a system restore. I put in the first cd and symantec ghost came up and then it said to put in the next media cd and I did. It went all the way through then said to press any key to start. Then it came up with a blue screen and it said please wait while windows starts up then it went to a black screen and nothing happened. Does anyone know what happened. Does emachines restore disks use norton ghost to restore? Don't know where to start. Please HELP!! Thanks Tim

View Post

Hi can you do a highjack this log and repost it back onto this site asking someone to look at it.
I build computers,install windows XP Home Edition all updates and SP2 added,windows firewall backed up by Avast Antivirus Pro, Microsoft AniSpyware, Yahoo AntiSpyware, Ad-Awaware SE Plus, Ad-Watch SE Plus, CCleaner, Windows Registry Repair Pro, and WinPatrol 9.7 Beta. These all work together well keeping this computer and any other computers I build or look after free from crashes, and the dreaded blue screen. but need to learn more about malware and viruses.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button