Can't save a HJT log

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 DFRI

DFRI

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 04:19 AM

I downloaded the lastest version of HijackThis. I run the scan, try to save it to a log and I get a message saying, "The requested file C:\MyDocuments\hijackthis.log was not a valid font file"

I am running Windows 98. I have used older versions of HJT and everything worked fine. Please help.

Thank you.

Edited by DFRI, 28 September 2005 - 04:20 AM.

#2 Topher069

Topher069

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

DFRI,

Sounds like your HijackThis may have actually saved the file. Right click on the .log file you mentioned, go to proerties and check the date. Is this from when you recently ran HijackThis? Close the properties box. If this is the right dated file, hold the shift key and right click on the .log file again. You should have the menu option to "open with" choose Notepad from the list of programs. There is a checkbox that says to always use with this program with this type file, go ahead and checkmark it so that the association of using notepad with .log files is restored. If that corrects your problem, go ahead and post the log here and I can notify the proper people so that you can get help with it.
I'm a volunteer, it's my pleasure to serve, but if you feel so inclined to support the effort, the SWI site needs donations to operate. Thank you for your support.

http://www1.spywarei...com/support.php

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button