Cannot download or upload anything

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 barronkr

barronkr

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 11:42 AM

I have Windows XP and recently have not been able to download anything. I get the message that Internet Explorer can not download "XYZ" from site "www.xyz.com". Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later.

I have tried to disable my firewall and virus scan...no luck. So I ran virus scan and deleted any viruses found and then disabled System Restore and restarted my computer. Still no luck. I've tried someone else's advice to delete the Index.dat file and was unable to pull up the file on the command prompt....said directory file was not found.

The weird thing is now I am not able to upload anything either, when before I could do that but not download. For example, I can not upload any attachments into an email. I friend told me to try hijack this but I can't even download that to try that. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. Please help if you can!

Thanks!

#2 hornet777

hornet777

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 06:03 PM

So what site(s) are you trying to d/l-u/l to? Maybe they truly ARE busy, or gone. Start with the simple things first.
After all is invested in correctness, then how does it stand with truth?

#3 1st_evil

1st_evil

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 10:47 AM

So what site(s) are you trying to d/l-u/l to? Maybe they truly ARE busy, or gone. Start with the simple things first.

View Post

I would try to get another computer set up at your house and see if its your connection or your computer.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button