wuapi.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 shdy2020

shdy2020

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 07:07 AM

Hi i'm usin windows 2000(sp4).I'm gettin a wuapi.exe(in the processes in task manager) at start up which becomes active and usess much of my cpu.It continues to be active even after disconnectin.I've tried searchin 4 wuapi.exe in my HD but i dont seem 2 find it(can only find wuapi.dll) also no information about it seems to be availible anywhere on the net.Even when I restart the computer in safe mode it seems to be there and becomes active as soon as windows statrs(without networking).Can someone please help.

#2 MacDaddy

MacDaddy

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 08:20 AM

The only instance I can find of wuapi.exe on the web is here at SpywareInfo, see this thread.

Sadly, the above thread does not give information about what exactly wuapi.exe is. You may be advised to post a Hijack This log and let one of the experts here have a look at it.

Mac

#3 shdy2020

shdy2020

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:33 PM

Thanx 4 the reply.I just removed my norton and installed avast which did the virus scan before booting and removed a few viruses and now eventhough the wuapi.exe exists it doesent seem to use any resources. :D Anywayz can you please tell me how to post an Hijack This log ????Also i get repeated message from avast about being attacked by DCOM EXPLOIT from a particular IP.What should i do?

#4 MacDaddy

MacDaddy

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

I'm not sure if you've run Ad-Aware or Spybot, but if not download them (if you don't already have them) from the following links:

Ad-Aware

Spybot

Update the definitions and run full scans using these two, these may solve some of your problems.

If you are still having problems after these two, refer to this post in the FAQ. Details on how to install Hijack This, run a scan and save a log are recorded here. Your log can then be posted to the PC Troubleshooting Forum, where someone will look at your log and help. Note: In the above Hijack This tutorial, only go as far as the line "Wait for help".

As for your problem with DCOM EXPLOIT, look at this thread from the Avast forums. It may answer some of your questions.

Mac

Edited by MacDaddy, 04 October 2005 - 03:19 PM.

#5 nasdaq

nasdaq

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49,281 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 09:21 AM

shdy2020 I'm working in your new thread in the Malware group. Stand by for a solution.

MacDaddy you are not authorized to post in live topics.

Please see The various helper groups here. Do join the team if you want to post help, we'd love to have you with us. :-)

This topic will be closed by by a member of the moderating team.
nasdaq

Favorite tools: [ SpywareBlaster ] [ Spybot ] [ AdAware ] [ HijackThis ]
[ Housecall online virus scan ] [ Bitdefender online virus scan ]
[ AVG antivirus ] [ Sunbelt Personal Firewall ] [ ZoneAlarm firewall ]

My help is free, but if we have helped you in anyway,please considerDonating ,
see this topic for details.
We need members like you.

========
Shouldn't water be worth more than diamonds?
Adam Smith Glasgow, 1760

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button