Can't Uninstall Kazaa

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Striker2807

Striker2807

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:37 PM

I just got done searching the forums and found nothing that can help me with this problem. Anyway my sister installed Kazaa onto her labtop and now she is trying to get rid of it and it won't let her. The error message she is getting says 1.) Empty Temporary Internet Files 2.) Close any running programs 3.) Check Internet connection(internet based setup). Those are the 3 things the error message says. She is using windows xp as her operating system also. One last thing, as far as I can tell she no longer has Kazaa on her computer because I went under program files and even searched the the whole computer and only came up with a file that is located in windows precatch(something like that) there was no folders or anythings. So why won't it remove from Add/remove programs list?

#2 nielsvds

nielsvds

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 05:23 AM

Have you already tried what the message suggest you to do ? You can also manual remove al register entries e.g with regcleaner : http://www.worldstar.../regcleaner.exe
Check every reference to kazaa on each tabblad and click on the button in the lowerright section, finally go to the tab backup's select the backup and delete. Sometimes the installation goes wrong why there isn't installed a correct uninstaller. Nothing to worry about it , if you can't find any files of kazaa then it's complete removed.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button