• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Unga.Bunga

Unga.Bunga

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 08:24 PM

Hi there!

I'm not sure if my problem fits right in there, cause it could be malware or just some stupid windows bug.

symptoms:

everytime i play unreal tournament 2004 via internet my windows calculator pops up several times. the last time two "pages" of my task bar were full of calculators... sounds funny i know ^^
i assume that it has nothing to do with the game itself cause nobody could tell me anything about this problem in the ut-help-forums... no one ever had this problem.
also it happens when i do anything else but not that massively and not that regularly like when i'm playing (it almost happened twice).

first thought was that it must be the beagle worm but my scans says that im not infected, also i didnt have those registry entries which makes the worm install itself while opening the calc.exe.

maybe it'S just a keyboard-shortcut i don't know about.

about one year ago while dealing with my cws-issues i've heard something about a program that is monitoring the activities on my computer, which could be useful to figure out what causes the calculator to pop up... i hope... but i couldn't find it.

does anybody have any opinions or suggestions or does my calculator just having a good time?

greetz
-unga

ps. just in case of relevance: my calc only fools around since i've installed a new cpu-cooler^^

#2 Unga.Bunga

Unga.Bunga

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:44 AM

I think i found the problem after endless google-ing :D

(quote)
My cordless logitech keyboard has been acting up over the last while. It keeps sending keypress signals to my machine. Same in XP as in Linux.
This key seems to be the logitech key which for some reason launches the calculator on my system. This is very annoying when playing games or typing as it takes focus away from the curent window.

(...)

Well update on the situation. I finally rang logitech technical support and have to say i was impressed. Guy said it was a very odd problem but that sometimes there was a static electricity problem with batteries. So he advised taking out the batteries and leaving them out for at least an hour, preferably overnight, then whith the machine on but the keyboard still battery-less hold the connect buton on the reciever in for at least 20 seconds put clean batteries in the keyboard press connect on the keyboard have to say that i have not had any problem all day.
(/quote)

I have a logitech cordless keyboard too and im going to try this.
sorry for bothering.

Topic can be CLOSED thanx

greetz
-unga

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button