Aurora Revomal Crashed System

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 jbush2140

jbush2140

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:10 AM

A couple of months ago, I had a run in with the Aurora popup. I was advised by the software website to utilize mypctuneup.com to remove it. I downloaded the tool and ran it as per the instructions given on mypctuneup.com's website. After the computer restarted, I was unable to boot into Windows. I can (and have) been able to boot into all sorts of Linux flavors, however, any type of windows bootable media does not work. I have tried everything that I can think of, but to no avail. The system restore disk that was included with my computer boots and installs the OS, however I still can't get into Windows. If anyone has any sugesstions, I would love to hear them...I'm out of ideas and am getting really frustrated. I have had a couple of technicians look at it, but they just kind of looked at me funny and said there was nothing they could do. So did Toshiba tech support. Any help would be appreciated.

System stats:

Toshiba A15
2.2Ghz Celeron
512MB of RAM
40GB HDD
Windows XP Pro SP2

Edited by jbush2140, 21 October 2005 - 09:10 AM.

#2 Guest_pugs_*

Guest_pugs_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:28 AM

If your installing windows XP make sure you delete any partitions before installing the OS, its an option that can be selected when installing xp, you cant miss it.

*edit* just saw xp pro sp2, had info for older systems as well

Edited by pugs, 22 October 2005 - 03:29 AM.

#3 jbush2140

jbush2140

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:59 AM

If your installing windows XP make sure you delete any partitions before installing the OS, its an option that can be selected when installing xp, you cant miss it. 

*edit* just saw xp pro sp2, had info for older systems as well

View Post

If only I could get the XP disc to start...That is one of the problems...I can't get any windows bootable discs to actually boot. Very strange.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button