• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 hornet777

hornet777

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:01 PM

Was wondering if anyone was privvy to any rumours or inside information as to whether any recent M$ patches disabled the ability of a local user to run .js/.vbs scripts?

I don't run them very often, so I'm not sure of a definite "break point," and I'm not even sure if it is something I did inadvertently or intentionally (then forgot about it), but knowing this might help me t'shoot the problem.

It only affects execution of the above-mentioned scripts on my 98 machine; batch and KiX scripts are unaffected. Running them produces the error 0x80092026 which is a local security option setting, restricted "account" (silly in 98, ha!).

Have searched the web for two days with no joy (incl. M$'s site, which has become almost notoriously difficult to use). Not a big problem, just an irksome little one. Many advance thanks for any useful input.
After all is invested in correctness, then how does it stand with truth?

#2 hornet777

hornet777

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:19 PM

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings SZ TrustPolicy did the trick. Was at "2", changed to "0". 0 = enable; 1 = prompt; 2 = approved only. This may be a DWORD value on some mochines, but the values are the same. Also, the key may appear in either HKLM or HKCU, or both (my case). I changed all, and it is fine now.
After all is invested in correctness, then how does it stand with truth?

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button