Problem booting up.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 EyePoppin

EyePoppin

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

I am having issues when booting up the pc i am working on. Which isnt a huge problem currently because after 1 reboot i can get it up in safe mode to fix the spyware invasion that has taken over the pc. My question is this. When booting up the first error i receive is fan failure which i can f1 to get past. I am having my friend purchase a new fan so that should be taken care of. i notice there is a lot of lines across the montior when booting up. I think that there is an issue with the graphics card. When the screen states that it is starting to start windows xp, it goes to the BSOD (blue screen of death) and has the below information on it. I have done some searches and the only thing i can find is a ram issue. Which i have swapped the ram, and if i take one out and turn on the pc, it just keeps on beeping at me. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000, 0x000000FF, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have noticed when booting up there is lines all over the place on the screen, so i thought id update the driver on the pc. (needless to say i am using a flash drive on my laptop to transfer files), so i try and uodate the driver and now the Driver_irql message isnt coming up anymore but this one is

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down......

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space (which there is), if a driver is identified in the stop message disable he driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters (how?).

Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates, disable biso memory options such as cashing or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer etc etc.

stop: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xF7C616C12, 0xF88F2190, 0xF88F1E90)

I have even swapped video cards from another pc and i received the stop error with the numbers in the first post above...

Any ideas?

#2 EyePoppin

EyePoppin

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:03 PM

I am running Windows XP home edition, 512 mb ram, not sure what else you would like to know.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button