Sunbelt rescues Kerio's free firewall
Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:50 PM
Dec 01, 2005
"Sunbelt Software, best known for its CounterSpy anti-spyware product, said on Thursday that it has agreed to acquire the Kerio Personal Firewall from Kerio Technologies, saving the popular consumer desktop firewall product from the chop. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed. Facing tough competition from security suite vendors, Kerio said in October that it would ax its personal firewall product at the end of this year and instead focus on its products for business users. The free Kerio Personal Firewall has been downloaded more than 2 million times since it became available in March 2002, the company has said. The acquisition by Sunbelt is expected to be finalized by the end of the month. The Kerio Personal Firewall will initially be branded "Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall" and all existing users will be supported by Sunbelt, the company said in a statement..."
......... Use your own.
Browser check for updates here.
YOU need to defend against -all- vulnerabilities.
Hacks only need to find -1- to get in...
Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:26 PM
Firewall: ZoneLabs Personal Firewall
AntiVirus: McAfee VirusScan Pro
Security: Windows Updates
Posted 03 December 2005 - 05:47 PM
I am excited by it!! YAY SUNBELT YOU ARE THE BEST!! Sunbelt is already doing some very cool stuff with their company, and I am supporting them in this. Go Alex! Kerio has been saved!!!
You and me both!!!
In light of all this, I REALLY hope Sunblet realizes GREAT success from this. Enough success that they, oh say, do the same with Kerio Server Firewall. Not so much a 'free' personal deal, but just to have the software supported and still available for purchase would be nice. The pricetag for Server Firewall was a little steep IMO, but it was DAMN GOOD SOFTWARES...
Posted 16 December 2005 - 01:00 PM
Issue #18 - Dec 16, 2005
- The Kerio Personal Firewall will be re-branded on an interim basis as the "Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall".
- All existing customers of the Kerio Personal Firewall V4 will be able to receive support through Sunbelt once the acquisition is completed.
- Upon the close of the deal, Sunbelt will also announce new reduced pricing for the full version of the product and a variety of special offers for both Kerio and Sunbelt customers.
- Additionally, Sunbelt will continue Kerio's tradition of providing a basic free version for home users.
- During the transition period, Kerio will continue to support the product and users are encouraged to download the Kerio Personal Firewall from the Kerio website at www.kerio.com until the acquisition is completed.
Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:04 PM
Edited by chiawaikian, 21 December 2005 - 09:04 PM.