#1 drex23

drex23

Forum Deity

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:20 PM

Hi,
I am hoping that someone with expert knowledge could tell me which anti-virus I should change to or if I should keep what I have. The issue arose because of the new worm that is going around. My institution put out a warning about it and urged everyone to upgrade to the newest version of the symantec corporate edition that they offer for free. The newest version is 10, however I cannot upgrade to that because I still run Win Me.
Therefore, I can only run version 9, which they said has some security flaws in it. I did not know about that, I just knew about some of the other complaints regarding symantec/norton. I also only get weekly updates instead of the daily updates that come with 10. So, essentially I am wondering if I would be better off switching to a free anti-virus solution or staying with what I currently run.

#2 morcheeba

morcheeba

• Retired Staff - Helper
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:58 PM

Hi,
Should you decide to change, AVG Antivirus is free and quite highly regarded.
www.grisoft.com

#3 jaspal

jaspal

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:26 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm after some help - i've got a trojan that keeps coming back on to my c drive after deleting it.

i've put my pc into safe mode, used Ad-Aware-Se, Spybot, Microsoft Anti-Spyware and CWshredder, restarted my pc, gone onto the internet using explorer (now using firefox) and it still seems to jump onto my machine.

Help????

I've tried running Hijackthis too but i don't understand which files to delete - can anyone help me out please?

Thanks

#4 teacup61

teacup61

RIP

• Emeritus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:35 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm after some help - i've got a trojan that keeps coming back on to my c drive after deleting it.

i've put my pc into safe mode, used Ad-Aware-Se, Spybot, Microsoft Anti-Spyware and CWshredder, restarted my pc, gone onto the internet using explorer (now using firefox) and it still seems to jump onto my machine.

Help? ???

I've tried running Hijackthis too but i don't understand which files to delete - can anyone help me out please?

Thanks

Make a new HijackThis log and post in a NEW TOPIC in Malware Removal. An expert will help you out over there.
My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button