Norton Systemworks 2003

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 demotallica

demotallica

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:00 PM

hi, first of all, i dont know if this the right place for this thread, so if i misplaced it, i'm sorry
i'm still using my norton SW 2003, and i used to get liscence for ayear each time i run live update, but now they're asking me to subscribe or something, and since i'm using a copy, i cant subscribe, so the question is, is their somekinda fix, or i'll have to get a newer version, offcourse i can just download virus defintion intelligent updater, but i like to updat the whole software...
sorry this topic was a mess, but i think u know what i mean

#2 Chancellor

Chancellor

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 03:29 AM

Hi,

I don't think that you will be able to update your virus definitions through "Intelligent Updater" if your yearly subscription has expired. Symantec will allow you to download them, but if you try to install them without an active subscription the installation will inform you it cannot continue as your subscription has expired!

If you want to keep running Norton, you will either have to purchase the subscription or upgrade to a newer version which will allow you a year's free updates as part of the price.

You could always try other Anti-Virus products or Firewalls such as:

Firewalls

Outpost
Zone Alarm
Keiro Personal Firewall

Anti-Virus

AntiVir
AVG AntiVirus
Avast Anti-Virus

:D
Chancellor

Please consider a donation to help Support SWI
Malware Complaints - Report them here and fight back!
Member of ASAP Since 2006 (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals)
Please read the FAQ and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?".

#3 demotallica

demotallica

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 04:59 AM

thanx people, I cant really upgrade my subscription for some technicalities... i'll think i'll just grab a norton 2006, thanx.
And now, if u excuse me, i have a CD to bury !!!!

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button