best free WMA to WAV converter?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 afm

afm

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:27 PM

Hi! I need a WMA to WAV & Mp3 converter and I wonder if anyone has a suggestion for a freeware program that is free of spyware etc.

Thanks !

: ]

#2 Ultima

Ultima

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 02:31 PM

urrr id say ig you have the cds on WM10 burn them to a diffrent format like i burn my music to MP3

#3 CarlChilders

CarlChilders

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:40 AM

wma to wav?? Why wma in the first place? Going to uncompressed won't improve quality. Anyway, here's an easy ripper: http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/
Here's a cool editor: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
and you might want to give a look at: http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/

#4 hooorayyy

hooorayyy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:39 AM

Hi! I need a WMA to WAV & Mp3 converter and I wonder if anyone has a suggestion for a freeware program that is free of spyware etc.

Thanks !

: ]

Among converters I enjoy Soundtaxi most! By the way, it's DRM-converter...
It converts purchased online protected music and brings me nice results! Now I use my new mp3-player just in my own way! :cool:

#5 hooorayyy

hooorayyy

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:43 AM

But it's only a free trial...

#6 jazi

jazi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:38 AM

Using any music editing software (try using FlexiMusic Wave Editor ) , play the WMA format and then record. Now save the recorded file as Wav format.

#7 daveydoom

daveydoom

Sounding the crack of doom for malware

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:15 AM

dBpowerAMP is another option.

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
-Emo Philips

unite_final.png

#8 Lokki

Lokki

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

For me MelodyCan is the best software for different players. It can remove drm and convert
files to different formats. You can try it_))
hxxp://media-convert.com

media-convert.com is blocked by Malwarebytes AntiMalware, but the site seems OK and seemed to work. Not to be confused with mediaconvert.com which is NOT OK.

However MelodyCan is a commercial program, not free, no free trial, and definitely not recommended by SpywareInfo Forum. We do not condone DRM stripping. And it is not found at media-convert.com. cnm

Edited by TheJoker, 29 July 2010 - 10:06 PM.
Added warning and link deactivated

#9 Ben Kaufmann

Ben Kaufmann

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

Digital Media Converter is an excellent deskshare.com/media-converter free audio video converter.
Handles the audio formats you are looking for.

EDIT: To disable potential SPAM link...  New Members posting from a SPAM IP about products in topics that are almost 3 years old are generally dubious at best...  Use the information offered with caution...  Thank you...

Edited by Budfred, 18 May 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#10 Oikaz

Oikaz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

To be frank, it is a little hard to say which one is the best as different people have different standards. I use Bigasoft WMA to WAV Converter and think it is quite good. I usually follow its guide to achieve the conversion:bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-convert-wma-to-wav-on-windows-and-mac.html

EDIT: Once again, New Members posting to old topics with links to program are generally suspicious as probable SPAM - Members are warned to be extremely cautious before clicking on such links - this link has been disabled...

Edited by Budfred, 28 May 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button