8 replies to this topic

#1 Nick

Nick

SWI Junkie

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:06 PM

Corrine, for the Administrators of Malware Complaints, gives permission for this topic, in the English language or a translation to another language by a member of Malware Complaints staff, to be copied in full where required.

For years now . . .
. . . Users of the Internet are being plagued by websites and programs which try to
  • hijack their computer,
  • trick them into making high (dialing-)expenses,
  • very aggressively steal passwords and banking information, and
  • influence their surfing habits.
Such actions are an attempt to trick people into purchasing programs which do not work properly or not at all, can harm the affected computer, or just attempt to damage or destroy the operating system, security-programs and/or other programs.

Of course, we are talking about Viruses, Trojans, Spyware, Hijackers, Dialers, Adware and fake (malware-scanning) programs -- or Malware, in short.

Until now, people who fell victim to malware, could not do much more than try to remove it from the computer -- at times spending a lot of money to get the computer in working order again.

But that can change now!

What is Malware Complaints?
Simply put, Malware Complaints is a website forum. However, for more than one reason, it is a unique forum.

Malware Complaints is a cooperation between many anti-malware helpers and experts from all over the world. From all corners of the world, these people have joined together to make it possible for users, from whatever part of the world they come, to make their complaint against malware and the makers of it.

Malware Complaints offers people who have been (or are) victims of malware the opportunity to document their story and, in that way, launch a complaint against the malware and the makers of the malware.

Instead of only removing the malware (or let it be removed) and wait for the next infection, users can really stand up against the makers of malware!

What will Malware Complaints do with the complaints, which users post?
Malware Complaints collects the complaints and stories, by country/region as well as by malware-group or -family, that way creating the possibility to:
  • issue petitions, which can be offered to governments and official bureaus that deal with internet security, thus making it clear to those officials how extensive the problems with malware have evolved;
  • make malware-issues known to the news media, which, in turn, can make malware and their makers known to the world.
Why should victims tell their story?
Malware Complaints is doing something that malware and malware-makers absolutely do not want.

The goal of Malware Complaints is to bring malware(-makers) into the open. This exposure to the public and government officials will make it much harder for them to operate.

When malware is described by the press and rejected by politicians and/or official organizations, it can even become possible to outlaw malware and it will then be possible, for everyone, to take legal action against malware-makers.

This is the place to tell your story -> Posted Image <- where you can make a difference!

Inspiration Sources

Fight Back Against SpyAxe
Spyware warriors call for action
Fighting back and Making a Difference

This document is the joint effort of jahewi and Corrine.

Malware Complaints

#2 Swandog46

Swandog46

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,190 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:22 PM

Pinned. Thanks Nick; we strongly encourage all of our victims to post their stories, and maybe we can develop some political pressure to turn the tide in this war.

#3 shellyki

shellyki

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

OIN Ads - OuterInfo.com - If you have any trouble with OIN ads OIN adserver, oinadserver, ad.oinadserver.com to let you know they are Click Spring and are located at www.clickspring.net

I got this spyware auto installed on my computer and it has been very annoying - I finally found the privacy policy on thier site which gives you the link for unistalling thier malware. However since it took over my computer and espcially since the uninstall my computer is running extremely slow so most likely i am going to have to roll it back if all else fails.

You can let the program run a little bit and find out who is advertising with them and make complaints to those advertisers.

Here is more info:
Domain Name: oinadserver.com
Created on..............: Tue, Jun 07, 2005
Expires on..............: Sat, Jun 07, 2008

They are hosted on register.com so a complaint could be made to them also

They are known as:
OIN Ads - ad.oinadserver.com
Outerinfo - www.outerinfo.com
ClickSpring LLC - www.clickspring.net

Daniel Houston
20 Dean Rd. #2 Brookline
MA 02445 US
Phone: 617-562-0131
email: info@clickspring.net

Here is a link to the unistaller:
[url="fxxm://yyy.outerinfo.com/consumers.uninstalloi.html"] /url]

I ran it and it DID unistall stuff

Also if anyone can tell me what type of ad serving software they are running or ad scripts they are running I am trying to complain to that place as well!

I tried to find out by searching for this: rw?title=&qs=iframe3?

Edited by Budfred, 10 August 2007 - 07:56 PM.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

shellyki,

First: this topic is asking you to post at Malware Complaints with the info you entered here...

Second: you noted that your computer is not running well since you ran the uninstaller and then you posted a link to the uninstaller here... Did it occur to you that the uninstaller can't be trusted?? Malware unistallers often install more garbage while simply turning off some of the more obnoxious features of the malware... This infection can be cleaned... I suggest you read the FAQ and post in Malware Removal for help... I disabled the link you posted...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 Bjorgen T. Eatinger

Bjorgen T. Eatinger

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:29 PM

First, this website is way too slow...you need to get it up on a faster server or faster data line.

Second, I've joined the forum in hopes of finding the company or person responsible for the worse piece of crap spyware that I have ever had the displeasure of fighting with, called "DOWNLOADER.TINY.ID" I would very very much like the oppurtunity to find out exactly who or what created this software. In all of your experience with this plague of the Internet, do you think that might be possible?

Please let me know, Bjorgen

#6 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 10:50 PM

First, this website is way too slow...you need to get it up on a faster server or faster data line.

Second, I've joined the forum in hopes of finding the company or person responsible for the worse piece of crap spyware that I have ever had the displeasure of fighting with, called "DOWNLOADER.TINY.ID" I would very very much like the oppurtunity to find out exactly who or what created this software. In all of your experience with this plague of the Internet, do you think that might be possible?

First, if you wish to purchase a faster server or data line for the forum, please feel free to provide details...

Second, many of the makers of the malware are known in a general way, since most of them come from just a few criminal groups... Lately, that is mostly a Russian gang, but there are also some Chinese gangs and even some terrorists organizations using malware to finance there murderous enterprises... Knowing who they are is not particularly helpful since they are mostly inaccessible... However, the point of this topic is a forum that is collecting data partly to apply pressure to the companies that host them and the countries that allow them to function... If you want to try to hurt them, go to Malware Complaints and give them as much information as possible about your problems with malware...
Budfred

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#7 Bjorgen T. Eatinger

Bjorgen T. Eatinger

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:10 PM

First, if you wish to purchase a faster server or data line for the forum, please feel free to provide details...

Second, many of the makers of the malware are known in a general way, since most of them come from just a few criminal groups... Lately, that is mostly a Russian gang, but there are also some Chinese gangs and even some terrorists organizations using malware to finance there murderous enterprises... Knowing who they are is not particularly helpful since they are mostly inaccessible... However, the point of this topic is a forum that is collecting data partly to apply pressure to the companies that host them and the countries that allow them to function... If you want to try to hurt them, go to Malware Complaints and give them as much information as possible about your problems with malware...

I would be happy to host the forum on a fast server at the end of at least a dedicated T1 line, in exchange for good information as to who or what company specifically wrote "downloader.tiny.id" Yes, knowing who wrote this will be very helpful...I don't care what country they come from. Everybody is accessible at one time or another.

#8 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,466 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:20 PM

We do not endorse vigilante efforts if that is what you are implying... Too many innocents get hurt and you may even interfere with some of the legitimate efforts that are going on to take these criminals down... Otherwise, if you really want to do something helpful, there are a number of efforts going on to take the criminals down permanently... If you wish to become involved, I suggest you start working with some of the forums that do that work... Malware Complaints is one of them...

And I did not assume that you intended to post all over the forum, I simply asked you not to since you had already posted twice about the same issue...
Budfred

#9 Bjorgen T. Eatinger

Bjorgen T. Eatinger

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

We do not endorse vigilante efforts if that is what you are implying... Too many innocents get hurt and you may even interfere with some of the legitimate efforts that are going on to take these criminals down... Otherwise, if you really want to do something helpful, there are a number of efforts going on to take the criminals down permanently... If you wish to become involved, I suggest you start working with some of the forums that do that work... Malware Complaints is one of them...

And I did not assume that you intended to post all over the forum, I simply asked you not to since you had already posted twice about the same issue...

My work is only done within the constraints of the law system.
Bjorgen

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button