Norton Anti Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ayaz2

ayaz2

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

I just renewed my subscription for Norton Anti Virus. My PC still shows Norton anti virus 2004. Is it suppose to show as Norton Anti Virus 2005 or 2006?

Also when I check the option, I keep checking the box of enable auto protect but as soon as I get out of it, it unchecks itself. How can I turn the auto protection permanently on?

thanks.

#2 TheJoker

TheJoker

Forum Deity

• Boot Camp Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,479 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:10 PM

If you have Norton Antivirus 2004 and thought that renewing the subscription would update your program to the current version, you misunderstood what the subscription is for. It is to be able to download new virus signatures. If you have an older version of Norton AntiVirus, it won't ever update to the current version. Since you just purchased it, I would see if you could get a refund. I believe Symantec has a 30 day money back policy on software, but I don't know if it applies to the subscriptions. If you can get it back, you should instead purchase the current version of the software rather than keep updating the signatures for a 2 year old verison. There usually isn't that much difference in price between a subscription and a whole new version, so it's money better spent on the new version, wihch gives you a year of updates.

If you can't permanently select auto-protection, I would start a topic in Malware Removal to see if your system is infected as there are numerous viruses or other malware that will turn off many antivirus programs.

Free Tools for Fighting Malware
Anti-Virus: avast! Free Antivirus / Avira Free AntiVirus
OnLine Anti-Virus: ESET / BitDefender / F-Secure
Anti-Malware: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware / Dr.Web CureIt
Spyware/Adware Tools: MVPS HOSTS File / SpywareBlaster
Firewall: Comodo Firewall Free / Privatefirewall
Tutorials: How did I get Infected? / Internet Explorer Privacy & Security Settings
If we have helped, please help us continue the fight by using the Donate button, or see this topic for other ways to donate.

MS MVP 2009-20010 and ASAP Member since 2005

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button