Prevention/Protection L2M/Vundo/AIM trojans

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ValJP

ValJP

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 05:03 PM

Recently I have been asked to clean a few computers of Viruses... most notably Vundo, L2M, and other AIM trojans, as well as some P2P viruses/spyware.

After searching and searching, I can find lots of removal tools, and successfully remove most/all of the infections(some are so badly damaged that reinstalls must take over... for windows update doesnt run and other things are missing/not working)

I was just looking around and wondering... if there was any company, profit or nonprofit, that produced a free or purchased program that will offer some protection/prevention from these rather toxic/lethal forms of spyware/trojans/viruses.

More and more of these problems are requiring things like Killbox, or vundofix, which kill the explorer.exe process among others and have to delete the program then outside of windows, because of window's protection on its Services and DLLs.

Are we just going to continue to have harder and harder to clean malware?
Norton didn't fix vundo or L2M last I checked...
Nor does many of the other big name antivirus companies.

Just looking for some suggestions... I have no trouble removing this malware, virus or trojan.
I just wish I could assure my friends and family and the people I fix this for that it won't come back in 2 or 3 days....

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button