6 replies to this topic

#1 Noggie

Noggie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:00 PM

FlyingHamster ( http://www.flyinghamster.com/ ) will put out its first newsletter on Thursday, July 6, 2006. The sign up is available now, at the bottom of the FlyingHamster home page.

Some people have indicated that they would like to contribute an article. If you do want to contribute, to this or future editions, please contact me ( http://www.spywareinfo.com/email2.php ). I would be glad to hear what you have in mind.

Further, I am going to leave this thread open. Please let me know what would provide 'added value' for you in a newsletter.

Catherine

#2 Noggie

Noggie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

And I do receive 'colourful' email... I have edited it in one spot, for obvious reasons.

>We don't need no stinking newsletter. All you do is give bad news. You don't do no good with the same bad >news day after day. I ain't paying a nickle for more of that s*** deliverd to my email.

My reply:

Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I share your frustration that the problems and difficulties highlighted with the FlyingHamster postings. Indeed, the site keeps reporting the same old problems. Things like spyware, loss of privacy, identity theft, spam, data breaches and those other topics do seem continuous. I too wish that these problems were resolved and more pleasant topics could be posted. I have a recipe for risotto that I am sure you would like. And I have some dog stories that I think you would enjoy. Unfortunately, since these problems are still with us, FlyingHamster will try to keep you informed - every day of the week. Nevertheless, Dave, I am glad that you are a regular loyal visitor to FlyingHamster and that you are checking out the articles that I post. I do try to slip in a 'good news story' once in a while - perhaps that cheers you up a bit. If you find a story that you would like me to review, please send it along. I would be delighted to receive it.

As for the newsletter, please allow me to correct you on a minor point. It will not even cost you a nickle. The newsletter is free. And hopefully, there will be fresh content there to raise your blood pressure. It will be my challenge to send out a newsletter that you will want to read. I hope you will be so pleased with the effort that you will tell friends, family, and neighbours. And, as a loyal follower of FlyingHamster, I do hope that you will give it a try. I look forward to hearing from you after the first edition. I hope that you have signed up and that you are on the mailing list.

Catherine

#3 chiaz

chiaz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:29 PM

Noggie, I have subscribed to the newsletter, and received two emails (one confirmation and one welcome) but there is no password listed. What could be the problem?

#4 Noggie

Noggie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:57 AM

Chiawaikian, I am told that it is deliberately set up in that manner. It is an "announce only" list, so that a password is not necessary.

Thanks for signing up for the newsletter.

Catherine

#5 chiaz

chiaz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:49 PM

Ah OK Noggie. :D

#6 Noggie

Noggie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:42 AM

Chiawaikian, I have not seen this mail out program work on a large data base yet. I am told that it is good. For the sake of my sanity, some trials will be done on a small number of addresses and, hopefully, the results will provide an indication of any problems.

Well, that's the way it is suppose to work, in theory. I am sure that the computer gnomes will have some surprises for me. Meanwhile, I am focusing on the content of the first newsletter. The content, however, may be the easy part in this whole process...

Catherine

#7 Kirstin

Kirstin

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:14 AM

>We don't need no stinking newsletter. All you do is give bad news. You don't do no good with the same bad >news day after day. I ain't paying a nickle for more of that s*** deliverd to my email.

Hi Noggie,

That's really dreadful, there's simply no need for anyone to be so harsh.

Personally, I am looking forward to the first issue of the newsletter and if you get a chance, please could you e-mail me your recipe for risotto?

Thanks ever so much.

Kirstin ^_^

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button