3 replies to this topic

#1 Hibernatus

Hibernatus

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:27 AM

I got these warnings after scanning with Spyware Doctor 3.8

Infection Name Location Risk
Trojan.Downloader.Small.WB HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run##!ewido High
Trojan.Downloader.Small.WB HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run##BDMCon High
Trojan.Downloader.Small.WB HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run##BDNewsAgent High
Trojan.Downloader.Small.WB HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run##BDSwitchAgent High

I have both ewido and BitDefender installed. Are they infected or is it just a false positive?

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,026 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:31 AM

Hi,
This is indeed a false positive. It flags the startupkeys from Bitdefender and Ewido.
So don't worry about these. Can you add them to ignore in Spyware Doctor?
Also better to contact Spyware Doctor and let them know about these false positives.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow!---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#3 Hibernatus

Hibernatus

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 05:58 AM

Hi,
This is indeed a false positive. It flags the startupkeys from Bitdefender and Ewido.
So don't worry about these. Can you add them to ignore in Spyware Doctor?
Also better to contact Spyware Doctor and let them know about these false positives.

I've read in the description of the detected trojan that it downloads malware from a remote server. Is Spyware Doctor just going on a limb here and confusing virus updaters with a malware downloader?

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,026 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 06:25 AM

Is Spyware Doctor just going on a limb here and confusing virus updaters with a malware downloader?

Yes, I guess that's the case. This certainly is a false positive.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow!---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button