• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Jenny_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jenny_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 01:51 PM

Hi,

This is my first time here.

I downloaded ewido and it took a long time - perhaps because it found so many proplems, although I have Spybot and use it a lot. Most of the problems were shown as of "Medium" severity, and 6 - 8 were shown as "High."

Just as soon as I clicked the link to allow ewito to delete the problems, I got that well known little box: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send error report?" :grrr:

So I don't know if all or any problems were removed, and I'm going back through the process now :scratchhead:

PS Thanks for this great site!

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:43 PM

Hi,

This is my first time here.

I downloaded ewido and it took a long time - perhaps because it found so many proplems, although I have Spybot and use it a lot. Most of the problems were shown as of "Medium" severity, and 6 - 8 were shown as "High."

Just as soon as I clicked the link to allow ewito to delete the problems, I got that well known little box: "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. Send error report?" :grrr:

So I don't know if all or any problems were removed, and I'm going back through the process now :scratchhead:

PS Thanks for this great site!

UPDATE: The exact same thing just happened, two times in a row.

#3 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,026 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:22 PM

Make sure that your Internet Explorer is not open while you are performing the scan. Also close all other programs.

If you still get the same error, run the Ewido scan in safe mode. :)
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow!---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#4 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:34 PM

And if you need more help, please register and then post your problem in the PC Troubleshooting forum.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#5 Swandog46

Swandog46

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,190 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

Actually you'll probably want to post in Malware Removal, since it seems likely you have some sort of malware module loading into Internet Explorer.

#6 Guest_Guest_Jenny_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jenny_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:09 AM

Thanks, everyone! My job now is how to get on the Internet without IE, which is probably infected and programmed to not remove its problems, without downloading an entire new web browser, which I don't want to do.

I have a friend whose 'day job' is computer tech, so I'm sure he can help.

Thanks again.

Jenny

#7 preachmo

preachmo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:21 PM

Make sure that your Internet Explorer is not open while you are performing the scan. Also close all other programs.

If you still get the same error, run the Ewido scan in safe mode. :)

:cool: Hello. I have found the Ewido program to be very effective. I have Webroot Spy Sweeper (the paid for version) and the "free" version of Ewido found some stuff Webroot's product did not. If you do have trouble after the above suggestion, uninstall Ewido completely then reinstall it. And if you're using the free version, buy the year lease with confidence. It seems to be an excellent product thus far. God bless!

#8 markov

markov

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:55 AM

Make sure that other applications are not open while running Ewido Scan.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button