Kerio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chrystopher2

chrystopher2

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 05:04 AM

Following the recommendation in an issue of SWI Newsletter in March 2006, I purchased Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall 4.

Although the program works extremely well, when I had a PC problem and had to uninstall and subsequently reinstall Kerio, the program would not register the fact that the license would not run out until March 2007.

I am sorry to report that despite 3 attempts to illicit support from Sunbelt, I have had absolutely no response from them apart from acknowledgments of my problem.

Looks like I will have to telephone them, but it would have been more useful to have received email advice on the subject.

#2 tsitraveler

tsitraveler

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:18 PM

Found this on the Kerio knowlege base - HTH:

http://support.sunbe...t...9MQ**&p_li=

Cannot register Sunbelt Kerio Firewall.
Question
I have tried registering the Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall but I keep getting a message that it is unable to connect to the web server, it has timed out, or that the key is invalid. The key is correct but not being accepted. What can I do?
Answer
First, please ensure that you are running the latest version of Kerio Personal Firewall, older versions of the software will attempt to register with servers that are no longer active.

If you are recieving this message and are unsure if you are running an old version of Kerio Personal Firewall, please download and install the most recent version from the following location: http://www.sunbelt-s...n/440/kerio.exe

If you have just installed Kerio from our website, or are sure that you are on the latest build, then the issue may be being caused by some of the information you have entered into the software while attempting to register.

Be sure you verify the following when attempting to register.

If you are pasting your key, be sure there are no spaces in the front of the first character. Verify you have a 25 character key, if the last characters after the last dash only equal 4, manually place the last character of your key.

Enter only your firstname, last name, and email address only, no Middle initial or spaces. Also at this time we cannot accept apostrophes (as in O'Brian) or any foreign characters (Like the é in René).

If all of the information appears to be correct, but registration still fails, please remove the information that Kerio has automatically filled in for you, and retype it by hand.

This will allow a successful registration.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button