Noggie

Advanced Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 01:03 PM

To: Spywareinfo Forum Members
Date: September 25, 2006

I would like to update you on the status of Spywareinfo. - For well over two weeks, I have not heard from Mike Healan. I have no recourse except to conclude that he has become 'unavailable' again. Therefore, to avoid waiting further and allowing the situation linger, I am assuming temporary responsibilities for the Spywareinfo site operations, effective immediately. I may be contacted at:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/email2.php

or through the email link at FlyingHamster ( http://flyinghamster.com/ ).

I do not have access to the site control panel to change the date of the present 'Featured Product'. However, the discounted price is still valid. I will place Spyware Doctor and two other products at a discount on FlyingHamster, to prepare for any financial consequences of Mike Healan's absence. This will be be done today, before the close of day. - Those are some of the facts. I feel that this disclosure is important to let this forum community know what is happening. I will use this space for further updates - and so, we carry on - we have done so before and we will do so again.

On a personal note - yes, I do find this disheartening. This is wears on me - tremendously.

Catherine / I'll leave this thread open for comments.

#2 Chancellor

Chancellor

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:06 PM

Catherine, thank you for taking the time to let us know what is happening with the day-to-day operations of keeping us all online!

I do hope that everyone will give you all of the support; encouragement and assistance which you most certainly deserve for all that you have done and continue to do behind the scenes here!

Of course we all have our own lives, families and jobs to take care of outside of our work here at SWI and some of us know how busy you are with your real-life studies, working all those extra hours and keeping not only SpywareInfo and FlyingHamster financed and updated, but other sites too . . . I have often wondered how you manage to fit it all in one day! :blink:

I am sure that there will be lots of willing pairs of hands to help out in any way they can - please remember that and shout if you need anything!

On a personal note - yes, I do find this disheartening. This is wears on me - tremendously.

It must be very distressing - I can only imagine how much and how you must feel. Please don't let it wear you down - regardless of what might happen, your health comes first.

Look after yourself ^_^
Chancellor

Please consider a donation to help Support SWI
Malware Complaints - Report them here and fight back!
Member of ASAP Since 2006 (Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals)
Please read the FAQ and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?".

#3 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for keeping us posted, Noggie. Do please let us know anything the forum team can do to help with the site.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#4 Coyote

Coyote

R.I.P

• Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:07 PM

This is my stance on the situation:

Mike has a right to privacy the same as we all do.
I will not stand against his right to privacy nor his wishes.
I stepped in to help the last time as I thought there was a possibility of foul play that could have happened to him.

It is from this basic right that I make the following statement:

I Tom Coyote Wilson hereby serve notice that I will not be a part of this website nor hinder/help with it until/unless Mike Healan returns full time and wishes me to be available again for his website.

It is of no one's right to move or take text from this website without his permission to do so and therefore I will state this up front as well.

The chatroom that I and SWI have in cooperation will run as I have been running it throughout this time and if SWI becomes unavailable we will work toward the premise of helping people in the chatroom with TomCoyote forums.

If anyone has anything to say to me about this post, you had probably best find me in the chatroom or make a post on TomCoyote as I will not try 20 times to get here again given the present timeouts at coming here.

I am Mike's friend and have been so since before SWI started, and I respect his decision to or not to inform us as he so chooses his wishes for the site and himself, it is time we all respected that even if we don't agree with any method that has happened thus far.

Tom Coyote Wilson

http://TomCoyote.org

P.S. no one needs to change my status in admin, that is for Mike Healan to do if he so chooses at a later date.
May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

Tom Coyote Wilson

#5 cnm

cnm

Mother Lion of SWI

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,317 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:14 PM

That's fine, Coyote. Makes good sense.
I'll continue to run the forum, of course.
Microsoft MVP Windows Security 2005-2006
How camest thou in this pickle? -- William Shakespeare:(1564-1616)
The various helper groups here
UNITE

#6 sin

sin

RIP

• Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:24 PM

Mike has a right to privacy the same as we all do.
I will not stand against his right to privacy nor his wishes.

i couldnt have said it better myself. on more than one occasion, i have said those very words. mike deserves our respect. he also has the right to privacy. some people cant get over that fact. what business is it of ours if mike chooses to take a break? we are NOT his spouses, his significant others, his children or his parents. he does NOT owe it to us to tell us where he is at every moment of the day. in fact, i cant say i blame him for taking off. i know i would if i was under pressure all the time. funny, i said some very... similar things on a blog post i made earlier this afternoon. so here's to you, my dear friend. i hope all is well and that you are doing fine. i'll see you when you get back. may good things be with you.

nic

on a side note: if you would like to read my blog post, you can find my blog listed on my website. if you want to read it bad enough, youre more than welcome to look for it. the post is titled "Moral dilemma or moral decay?"

Edited by sin, 25 September 2006 - 05:26 PM.

graceful insanity is beautiful when accomplished -- come into the closet
feel free to visit my other home, 247fixes

#7 hornet777

hornet777

Forum Deity

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 05:46 AM

Well, he left open the possibility that further absence may be necessary; in the interim, all we can do is send positive thoughts his way...

At least now we know what is going on, and have always known that the forum/group is and has always been in good hands.

Best wishes, Mr Healon! (and thanks, Noggie)
After all is invested in correctness, then how does it stand with truth?

#8 Coyote

Coyote

R.I.P

• Emeritus
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:44 PM

While I may be stepping to the side, I want to point out a couple of facts:

1.) Noggie is in partnership with Mike and will continue to do her role as much as her schooling and other projects allow her to contnue this.

2.) Though she cannot get the monetary funds from Mike for her efforts while he is absent, she will continue to do her part.

3.) If you will notice the links to Flying Hampster in the forum pages, that was put there by Mike and therefore you should be able to ascertain the truth that Mike supports Noggie's site and her efforts there.

4.) There is no more need to email Noggie to complain that she does not do the same as I, her situation with this site is different than mine at this time.
May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

Tom Coyote Wilson

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button