Truesword

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ultima

Ultima

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:08 AM

About a couple of months ago i read this site that said Truesword was an good spyware detecter.
Then about in July I scanned on an Spyware program that i cannot remember the name off.
Anyway after that it came up with Truesword.
Description:Malware that picks up fake spyware (or something like that).

i'm just wondering is Truesword Malware or spyware?

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,499 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:54 PM

About a couple of months ago i read this site that said Truesword was an good spyware detecter.
Then about in July I scanned on an Spyware program that i cannot remember the name off.
Anyway after that it came up with Truesword.
Description:Malware that picks up fake spyware (or something like that).

i'm just wondering is Truesword Malware or spyware?

I very much doubt that you read here that True Sword was a good program... It is on the list of Rogue antispyware programs...

http://www.spywarewa...nti-spyware.htm

Just because a program says it is antispyware doesn't mean it can be trusted... Some of the worst infections out there claim to be antimalware programs...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 Greg Spolski

Greg Spolski

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:21 AM

True Sword is a very good and quality anti spyware. I'm registered user of it and it saved me from complete OS crash several times.

The link you gave doesn't contain any information about TS. If you search for "TrueSword' string on the URL you gave, you'll find that it had some problems with false positives in the past but those problems were solved and it was delisted long time ago (about two years ago, as of now).

Well, this is really good piece of software on my opinion.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,499 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:53 AM

True Sword is a very good and quality anti spyware. I'm registered user of it and it saved me from complete OS crash several times.

The link you gave doesn't contain any information about TS. If you search for "TrueSword' string on the URL you gave, you'll find that it had some problems with false positives in the past but those problems were solved and it was delisted long time ago (about two years ago, as of now).

Well, this is really good piece of software on my opinion.

It has been removed from the list, but that does not mean that it is either good or safe... I see no reason to use a program that started on the list in the past when there are so many good and reliable programs available... If you wish to use it, that is your choice, but we do NOT recommend it...
Budfred

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 FRANKMARTIN

FRANKMARTIN

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 05:52 AM

True Sword is really dangerous. Don't use that EVER!!!!!!!!! :bangbang:

Edited by FRANKMARTIN, 15 February 2010 - 08:10 AM.

#6 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,499 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:11 AM

There are many good free anti-malware programs available and there is still no real need to use one with a dubious history... Again, anyone is free to use anything they would like, but we do not recommend it...
Budfred

#7 jonutscrapetta

jonutscrapetta

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:27 AM

:think:

Edited by jonutscrapetta, 15 February 2010 - 07:52 AM.

#8 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,499 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:55 AM

And the fact that all 3 of the people posting to endorse it are posting from Russia which tends to be the source of tons of malware and SPAM is just a coincidence, right?? Come on guys -- we are not going to allow an endorsement for a dubious program from dubious sources stand without comment... All three of these endorsements were from people who apparently joined solely for that purpose and have not posted again... Additionally, all three are from Russia and I wouldn't be surprised if all three were the same person using different identities... This approach just reaffirms my point -- there are better and more trustworthy programs available, so why use something like this which may still be a risk?? :wacko:
Budfred

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button