• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TotalSecurity

TotalSecurity

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 06:54 AM

Hi everybody!

I have made a new forum where you can discuss about antivirus,antispyware,anti malware etc... software.

The forum is new so I need mre members (and moderators ;) )

If you would like to join go to www.totalsecurity.proboards81.com.

Also you can join the staff by sending me an email to blivori@gmail.com/hotmail.com

Thanks!
Hope to see you soon
Regards

#2 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:47 AM

Greetings TotalSecurity
As the administrator of your own forum you should know that it is considered very bad manners to register at other forums for the single purpose of promoting your forum. One other bit of friendly advice, when deciding to post your email addys in the public forums, be sure to install a heavy duty SPAM filter that is willing to work overtime.

Best of luck to you and with your new venture.

Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

#3 downloads

downloads

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:33 AM

All the best TotalSecurity ! Hope you will succeed !

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,637 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:46 AM

All the best TotalSecurity ! Hope you will succeed !

Speaking of rude behavior... It appears that you posted primarily to promote your site too... I would appreciate if both of you could explain why you should be allowed to advertise your services at SWI... A lack of explanation would suggest that your links need to be removed...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,637 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 11:56 AM

Tell you what downloads, I am going to remove your links and you can put them back if you give me a satisfactory explanation like I asked...
Budfred

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#6 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,116 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 12:04 PM

It appears that you posted primarily to promote your site too

And important to note Budfred that the site is advertising at least one application, spyware removal, that is listed on the rouge list at Spyware Warrior.

As always members, choose carefully which sites you are willing to trust with the well being of your PC. This does not appear to be one of them.

Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

#7 downloads

downloads

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:04 PM

Hi budfred! This is to inform you that i've no intention of any "rude behavior". As the guy was starting a new work, i had wished him. Thats it. No other intention behind that. I'm sorry if the statement was meant as a rude behaviour.

Coming to my problem, i've no knowledge about the spyware removal software. I've even checked it at spyware warrior rogue list. I could not make it. I'm very sorry if its a rogue product. I'll take an immediate action over this issue.

For the sake of my benefit, i do not want to promote a rogue/suspected product. I hereby assure you that i'll not take any step that gives the false prestige to the SPYWAREINFO FORUM.

#8 downloads

downloads

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:07 PM

Please guide me which antispyware product could i promote in the place of spyware removal ? Does the premium products like spysweeper, spyware doctor, adwareSE do have any promotional campaigns so that i could promote them.

Awaiting your reply.

#9 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,637 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:09 PM

Hi budfred! This is to inform you that i've no intention of any "rude behavior". As the guy was starting a new work, i had wished him. Thats it. No other intention behind that. I'm sorry if the statement was meant as a rude behaviour.

Coming to my problem, i've no knowledge about the spyware removal software. I've even checked it at spyware warrior rogue list. I could not make it. I'm very sorry if its a rogue product. I'll take an immediate action over this issue.

For the sake of my benefit, i do not want to promote a rogue/suspected product. I hereby assure you that i'll not take any step that gives the false prestige to the SPYWAREINFO FORUM.

The rude behavior I was referring to was including links to the website that included the rogue software... If you were not familiar with the site, it is odd that you included it in your signature...
Budfred

#10 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,637 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:11 PM

Please guide me which antispyware product could i promote in the place of spyware removal ? Does the premium products like spysweeper, spyware doctor, adwareSE do have any promotional campaigns so that i could promote them.

Awaiting your reply.

I am not clear on why you feel the need to promote any antispyware product... However, if you look at the article referenced at the top of each page, you will see a number of options...

http://forums.spywar...showtopic=60955
Budfred

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button