blank.cgi in Firefox after installing ZoneAlarm Suite

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 email4shopping

email4shopping

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 08:14 PM

I have recently changed from Norton Internet Suite to ZonaAlarm Internet Suite. Now, in a lot of websites, specially websites use a lot of animation and flash, I get this pop-up window stating: blank.cgi, from 127.0.0.1:whatever port number (which keeps changing). And ask what do you want Forefox to do: open or save.

I tried to turn-off the ZoneAlarm Ad-Blocking, Privacy setting, with no result. When I turned off the ZoneAlarm, it did not show that pop-up window. Also when I use IE, it does not do it.

So somehow my ZoneAlarm configuration is not right, or at least with Firefox there is a conflict.

Any idea how to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance.

#2 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

Accurate? Don't know, but innocent enough (backup the folder first) to give it a try.
http://brink.st/conf...a/zonealarm.txt
Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Fight back Malware Complaints

#3 email4shopping

email4shopping

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:16 AM

OK after doing your post, I could get rid of that annoying pop up. but when I set the ZoneAlarm back to my preferences, it went back to that blank.cgi issue. So, I redid the deletion of the Internet Logs folder, and than 1 by 1 changed the Zone's settings. Finally, it was caused by the setting of AdBlocking for the Banner/Skyscraper ads. So I turned that off.

Thank you for the help.

#4 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,070 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:28 AM

You're welcome and I am glad to see that you have it sorted out. :)
Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Fight back Malware Complaints

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button