Photo

Jokeroo - malware advertising or just Yahoo?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 squidflakes

squidflakes

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:36 PM

Afternoon everyone,

I've just gotten a fancy new job, and wouldn't you know it, I've been here two weeks and the company has a huge malware outbreak.

Now, I and the IT team have been running around all day trying to fix all of this non-sense, but we keep running in to walls.

One of these is a pop-up from jokeroo.com. I cleaned off a users computer, and everything seemed to be alright for a while. The user then logged out of Yahoo! mail, and suddenly there is a new IE window open to that site.

Now, a bit of searching hasn't revealed any links between jokeroo and malware advertising, but I wanted to check with the experts before I went any further.

#2 Indrid_Cold

Indrid_Cold

Forum Deity

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,082 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

Perhaps opening a topic in Malware Removal and then posting a log from one of the infected PCs will help us track this down for you.

Hope is not a method.

If I have helped in some way, please consider donating to SpywareInfo's crusade against Malware See Here

Member of ASAP since 2004 Alliance of Security Analysis Professionals
Member of UNITE since 2006 United Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

#3 MrHelpless

MrHelpless

Spyware Ass-kicker

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:53 AM

Were you directed to:

1. www.jokeroo.com

OR

2. www.jokaroo.com

Jokeroo.com is a distributor of suspectable-malware programs (Windows Media 9 Codecs) while on the other hand, jokaroo.com is a distributor of dangerous malware programs, including popups and viruses.

Also, jokaroo.com is related to freeze.com, an evil site know to exploit your computer via wallpapers/screensavers

Read up here:

Jokeroo.com -> http://www.siteadvis...tes/jokeroo.com
Jokaroo.com -> http://www.siteadvis...tes/jokaroo.com
I'm not helpless, I just help LESS. :-)

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button