Cyberscrub download keylogger in there new program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 billystevo

billystevo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:59 PM

Had an e- mail from Cyberscrub saying that i qualify for lifetime downloads of their products , so i downloaded the program. Running pest Patrol i foung out it contains a keylogger, why is that a company that its against spying , spy on you. Screenshot here http://community.web...user/billystevo

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

Did you click on a link in that email to download the version of CyberScrub you installed?? If you did, I would go to the CyberScrub website directly and make sure that they actually are offering what the email claimed... You may have been phished...

Secondly, PestPatrol has a long history of false positives, so I would not trust those results until you check them out with other scanners... I suggest you read the FAQ and post a topic in Malware Removal...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 billystevo

billystevo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

deleted

Edited by billystevo, 05 February 2007 - 05:33 PM.

#4 billystevo

billystevo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:31 PM

First time i used the link in the E-mail ,then after finding a keylogger with Pest Patrol deleted the program. I went on Cyberscrub website and downloaded it again , same result. Its only Pest Patrol that gives me this result , scanning with Avast , Counter Spy and A Squared come up with nothing. I downloaded the same program from a different website but when i ran it it said my free trial had expired, but the same program from Cyberscub runs with the key they e-mail you but shows the keylogger in Pest Patrol. Anyway ive deleted all the files as i dont know if its a false posotive or not.

#5 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 05:54 PM

As I said...

Secondly, PestPatrol has a long history of false positives, so I would not trust those results until you check them out with other scanners... I suggest you read the FAQ and post a topic in Malware Removal...

Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button