• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:25 AM

A friend of mine has SpyFalcon and I've done some homework and know what it is(cheeky bugger, hadn't heard of a rouge anti-spyware program secretly installing itself before). Anyway I've seen all the manual removal methods and such and since my friend is computer literate but not a techie I was wondering if there's any one program they could run that would totally get rid of it? The other problem is they seem to have some kind of wireless internet connection throughout the household and how can they get just their computer running without the net while they're getting rid of it?

Edited by person, 12 February 2007 - 05:26 AM.

I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

A Malware Fighting Tiger's Blog

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 07:05 AM

Have your friend post a log in Malware Removal... If that infection is there, it is likely other infections are there as well....
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:13 AM

Have your friend post a log in Malware Removal... If that infection is there, it is likely other infections are there as well....

I doubt they'll want to touch the computer until I can give them a way to get rid of it. I feel asking them to download Hijack will just complicate things in this matter. Ok basically can you tell me is there a way to get them to be able to log on to their computer without connecting to the net on a wireless connection? Also SpyFalcon seems to be not really a program that is spying so much on the infected computers information besides to try and get one to buy the product or is it more high risk? They wont want to use the internet until SpyFalcon is gone and I'm just trying to handle one hurdle at a time.
I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,529 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:40 AM

Do a Google search and you will see that SpyFalcon is another Smitfraud variant... Solutions are noted there and in Boot Camp....

As for logging in without network support, just disconnect the wireless connection or turn off the wireless modem or use Safe Mode without Network Support or a number of other options depending on how it is set up...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:31 AM

Thanks.
One other thing I wanted to ask. Is this type of spyware likely to be able to infect other PCs connected to the same internet connection just if they're online at the same time?

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button