Photo

Kerio personal firewall does not block all ports???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 prasanth

prasanth

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:45 AM

Hello,

I seem to have run into kerio problems once again.....When i ran the shields up test at grc.com, it showed that ports 21,23 and 80 are open! I don't know why the firewall has not closed these ports??!!

FYI, i reformatted my system today and installed antivirus and firewall software right now! Any suggestions? I've tried to block many processes in the firewall but nothing seems to be working! Oh, BTW i'm using kerio 2.1.5! Thanks in advance! :cool:

Edit: I was able to close the above mentioned ports. However, I still get the following message from Shields Up!:

Tru stealth analysis: Failed

Ping Reply: RECEIVED (FAILED) — Your system REPLIED to our Ping (ICMP Echo) requests, making it visible on the Internet. Most personal firewalls can be configured to block, drop, and ignore such ping requests in order to better hide systems from hackers. This is highly recommended since "Ping" is among the oldest and most common methods used to locate systems prior to further exploitation.

Any ideas?recommendations?

Edited by prasanth, 18 March 2007 - 01:30 PM.

#2 GTK66

GTK66

A Patriot

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:26 AM

When I used it in Xp it blocked every port but 113. That port was shown as closed. Some ISP's need this port.
IPB Image

#3 prasanth

prasanth

• Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

When I used it in Xp it blocked every port but 113. That port was shown as closed. Some ISP's need this port.

Thanks for the reply! So, the ping request cannot be closed?? Is it a big security hazard? Please reply! :cool:

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button