• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:21 AM

I saw it in an old practice log and the replies seemed to show it wasn't something that was malware related but when I did a search for it on the internet it comes up with stuff that makes me wonder. So what's the official word on it?
I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

A Malware Fighting Tiger's Blog

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#2 Nicole W

Nicole W

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:40 AM

Can you provide a link to the log and the results you found. I seem unable to find anything on google, but would like to look further :)

#3 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:17 PM

Can you provide a link to the log and the results you found. I seem unable to find anything on google, but would like to look further :)

It might be under one word, sorry. That's how I found it through Google.
I discovered it looking through an inactive practice log. http://www.spywarein...showtopic=51814
I'm waiting for a average computer that can't be infected with malware unless it's intentionally ........ 5 years later: I am still waiting

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see this topic for details.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

If it is not known malware, we are not likely to know more about it than you can find on Google... In this case, since the Bookmarkcentral.net domain is for sale, I suspect the program is not available anymore and if it is available, it is probably not supported...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#5 EnigmaChick

EnigmaChick

Computer Geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:03 PM

If it is not known malware, we are not likely to know more about it than you can find on Google... In this case, since the Bookmarkcentral.net domain is for sale, I suspect the program is not available anymore and if it is available, it is probably not supported...

Ok, thanks :D . I did see the domain was for sale but I wasn't sure if the product had actually been discontinued but it no longer matters. However I was wondering in that case if anyone knows of a malware free alternative, something that allows you to customise booksmarks? I realise I could look at products I see for download with google first but if anybody know any it would make things a bit easier.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button