Norton Internet Security Firewall & ZoneAlarm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kan

Kan

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:34 AM

I recently checked my Norton Internet Security and found that it has a firewall. I also have ZoneAlarm firewall installed. Should I uninstall ZoneAlarm because Norton already has a firewall? Would it be redundant and bog down my computer (which has already been running slow lately) because of the 2 firewalls? Also, ZoneAlarm has a 'monitor antivirus software' included, and I noticed that it says it can't detect any Antivirus software on my computer, even though I have Norton installed. Is this something strange or does ZoneAlarm not support Norton? Thanks for the help!

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,532 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:40 AM

You can have 2 firewalls installed, but you need to make sure that only one of them is running and only one is set to start on boot... Same thing with the antivirus... It can be simpler to just remove one, but it is your choice... Check on the task bar on the lower right side of the Desktop to see if you have an icon for Norton and for ZoneAlarm... Right click and open whatever you find so you can see what is active... If you do have 2 running to do the same task, look for the options to turn one off and to keep it from loading at boot...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 Kan

Kan

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:22 PM

Thank you for the clarification. I think I will just uninstall ZoneAlarm.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button