Can't get my shopping!!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:21 AM

Wondered if anyone has got any ideas. I'm trying to get my food shopping on Ocado and it won't let me checkout. I've shopped with them numerous times beofre with no problem but when I go to the checkout section and press 'Continue' to checkout it throws me back to the home page with my order still open.

Ocado customer serices were no help buit I think it's my PC rather than them. Logged in on my laptop and no problem checking out! So looks like it's the main PC.

Thought it might be my firewall as that's the only thing I think I have fiddled with over the last couple of days - I'm running Kerio 2.5 and I had gone into the admin screen to change the filter rule for Windows Media Player. When I was trying to get WMP to work with the internet though I did go into Interner options and maybe I did somthing? Tried turning the firewall off temporarily and still couldn't check out. Ocado site states that cookies have to be enabled (which I think they are) and SSL (got SSL 3.0 ticked.)

I'm running MS Windows XP SP2, IE v7, Kerio 2.5 firewall, Nod32 anti-virus on a pentium 4 3.2 GHz, 512RAM.

What have I done folks? Anyone any ideas? At this rate we could starve!

#2 jedi

jedi

aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

Try adding the site to your Trusted Zone.
(Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites)
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#3 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:46 AM

Thanks Jedi - sorry for long time response - out & about on a Saturday!

Already tried this and still threw me out when I tried to go to checkout. Any other ideas??

#4 jedi

jedi

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:19 AM

Maybe try another browser, Firefox, or Opera, to see if the problem is with Internet Explorer only.

And for Internet Explorer, try Tools > Phishing Filter > Turn Off Automatic Website Checking.
Or,
Tools > Popup Blocker > Popup Blocker Settings and add Ocado.
Or,
Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Default.

See if any of that helps. If not, disable Kerio before you log on to Ocado, and do the whole order process with the Firewall down, see if it let's you through.

Let me know what happens, and if anyone else has suggestions feel free to jump in.
jedi

My help is free, but if you wish to help keep these forums running please consider a donation, see This Topic for details.

#5 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:35 PM

Thanks once again Jedi.

First one was already done (Turn off auto web site check).
Added Ocado to pop-up blocker OK sites.
Defaulted security settings again.
Turned off firewall and tried to check out.

All still threw me back to home page without checking out.

Good job I have a laptop otherwise we would all be very hungry!

Thanks for the thoughts.

May email Ocado and ask for email to be passed to technical dept and see what they say about IE options and checking out?

Very annoying though! :wtf:

#6 Blade Runner

Blade Runner

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:54 AM

An update.

Tried reverting to IE6 - still a problem.

Went through my laptop's IE settings to match them to the desktop (as I could check out on the laptop) - still can't check out on the desktop - so not sure it's the browser now.

Tried a system restore back to Christmas -when I know I could check out - still doesn't work.

Very confused and frustrated now.

Got a reply from Ocado technical help - they said it was my browser and I should install Firefox - if it's the browser why does it work on the laptop that has the same browser now???

Still confused - don't know anything about Firefox and reluctant to install and learn about something new if it's not going to resolve the problem.

Can anyone out there help me....??? :scratchhead:

#7 jedi

jedi

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,830 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 06:07 AM

Well as I said before, I think you should try Firefox, it's an easy install and a simple enough browser, not that much different from IE, even as a temporary measure it will at least tell you if the problem is IE or not. If you resolve the problem you can uninstall it.
jedi

#8 Deny

Deny

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:48 AM

Not welcome on the board.Delete my message!

Thanks

Edited by Deny, 20 March 2007 - 01:11 AM.

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button